HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, Czech's played it ultra conservative. Sale is their best player, and it isn't close. Even in the blowout against Canada he was creating, getting chances, etc. One of the best players on both teams.

Think that's true today too. Any chance Czech's got, which weren't many were due to Sale.

If he's there at #17, I would take him.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The next game: Slovakia vs Finland does have implications for Canada.

If Slovakia wins, Canada plays Sweden in SF.
If Finland wins, Canada plays USA in SF.

Assuming of course that Canada beats Switzerland.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I have Leonard ahead of both. Benson I've dropped a bit. Love the kid, but I love Leonard more.
Benson it’s the size and skating otherwise he’s pretty much a better talent than Leonard but i like both. I also can see the habs liking Moore because of his skating and then it comes as to them helping him develop decision making with the puck. Anderson is 28 and we can see the small difference in his game since St-Louis and Adam Nicholas arrived.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Benson it’s the size and skating otherwise he’s pretty much a better talent than Leonard but i like both. I also can see the habs liking Moore because of his skating and then it comes as to them helping him develop decision making with the puck. Anderson is 28 and we can see the small difference in his game since St-Louis and Adam Nicholas arrived.
Don't think his stock drops enough for us to get him at 17, but I'd be all over Moore in the 10s.

If anyone can teach Moore how to think the game better, I think it's Adam Nicholas and crew.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Also, Benson's shot & playing style. Think if he tries to play his battle style in NHL he's just going to get broken.

I've been a Moore fan all year. But, I don't think I'd take him before Leonard.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Don't think his stock drops enough for us to get him at 17, but I'd be all over Moore in the 10s.

If anyone can teach Moore how to think the game better, I think it's Adam Nicholas and crew.
I think he’s gonna be picked in the top 10. I think you can make a case at 6th overall if you like him a lot and think he can improve but yeah, hard to say there’s a few option for that 6th pick.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Well, Czech's played it ultra conservative. Sale is their best player, and it isn't close. Even in the blowout against Canada he was creating, getting chances, etc. One of the best players on both teams.

Think that's true today too. Any chance Czech's got, which weren't many were due to Sale.

If he's there at #17, I would take him.
I agree if we pickup Sale with our second selection we’ve had a great first day. This draft has obviously, franchise changing talent upfront but it also has elite talent through the first 7-10 picks…..then, look at 10-20, talent we haven’t seen since the ‘03 draft. Add to that the solid picks that could very easily fall between 21-32. To that point I’m all in if somehow, someway Michkov becomes available at #17 we should run to the stage & be giddy with excitement……this kid is the real deal.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Was I hallucinating, or did Halttunen actually make a nice play there?

eaf15ca2b1c8a5fa76b95b5ff372a1a1.jpg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I see Dvorsky play and he is a very smart hockey player. Already great two-way ability, yes, he is not my #1 wishlist for the 5th or 6th pick (Smith and Leonard are my wishlist at this point). But he is worth a top 5 pick to me with his great hockey IQ, mature game and great shooting ability. He can be a better player at NHL level, I'm very confident that he can put 70 points per season with his qualities.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
i would be very very mad if Habs took Moore with #6
What about 7th?

I do remember Gorton saying (in the video they released of their 2022 pre draft scouting meetings) to not fall in love with a guy with gre as t character but low production, because they often don't produce at the NHL level. Wonder what he'd say about a guy with speed and skating but low production.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Hot take, Haltunnen is going in the first round.
He's still #30 on the consolidated ranking despite his crap draft season. I'm willing to bet a team will take a chance and hope to hit a homerun with him. The raw tools are certainly appealing enough. Can't say him doing well in the U18 now does much to me evaluation wise though, he's kinda past that point physically.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad