2023 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
And the vision

It's the closest a kid has felt since Bergeron 20 years ago
I’ll agree but he may get a game or two but he’ll be back in juniors for the season.

Bruins fans have a habit of latching on to a prospect and then getting irrationally upset if they are sent down or turning on them when they hit the rookie wall. His future is bright but I prefer to be realistic. I’ll be thrilled if he can be the first player since Lucic to make it out of camp as a teenager but I am not expecting it and will not be shocked if he’s sent back later this week.

Coulc be a center thing. Pasta was a whole different beast - he was much more raw talent. Poitras just fit like a glove with a pro game, real solid and quick in all the right ways.
I want to see Poitras play against an almost full NHL roster before saying he fits like a glove in a pro game.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
He’s 37 and the girl everyone wants to date but for whatever reason after a short time had enough

I’ll take Lucic who’s infinity better than Reaves

Hopefully Looch can play at least 2 years here

His hands are Uber underrated - and that Calgary game they stole on Orlov Night I watched Lucic and he was motoring

10 minutes all you need

I’m a Lauko guy - however took him 7 minutes of playing time to F up game 5
I will take Lucic as well, just pointing out how those "useless" physical players (according to some) still seem to have a place in building a team

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
At camp on Saturday, you had Marchand, Pasta, McAvoy… all the stars out there and who were fans hollering at?

“LOOOOOOOCH!”

”Welcome back Looch!”
Wait until opening night at the Garden!

Last night I was talking to a couple of guys who work behind the bench, and they too are so excited about the return of Looch. They stayed in touch with Milan over the years. They know I am happy too.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
At camp on Saturday, you had Marchand, Pasta, McAvoy… all the stars out there and who were fans hollering at?

“LOOOOOOOCH!”

”Welcome back Looch!”
That must feel good for Milan!

I feel sad for the miserable few "fans" who dislike his return.

Everyone I spoke to at the game yesterday were excited and are looking forward to seeing Looch on the ice.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Everyone I spoke to at the game yesterday were excited and are looking forward to seeing Looch on the ice.

He took league minimum for 1 year to come home, and still some fans are bitching about it. The Leafs just paid Reaves 1,350,000 per for 3 years, and he's not half the hockey player Lucic is (and he's arguably not tougher, either).

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012

I’m pumped up about this! Even just seeing him glow in interviews since signing.. he’s just so happy to be back. It’s a beautiful sight to witness.

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
McLaughlin was arguably the 7th best forward in camp last year. He played fast, he was tenacious, he produced… and he was cut.
I thought it was odd he didn't make the team last year, but I guess they were probably expecting more injuries where he'd get a chance. We had a super lucky year from a health perspective, which was great for the team but unideal for the younger guys wanting to get some games.

Really hoping Poitras and Beecher get a good look this year after last night. Both impressed. Beecher should at least be one of the first callups. And if Poitras keeps performing well would love to see him get the 9-game audition when the games matter to see if he's for real.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I thought it was odd he didn't make the team last year, but I guess they were probably expecting more injuries where he'd get a chance. We had a super lucky year from a health perspective, which was great for the team but unideal for the younger guys wanting to get some games.
It was his details especially along the boards that got him sent back to Providence. Overall it looked like he belonged but in a bottom 6 role you really need to be aware of the details as that is what makes those units tick.

It sounds like he came into camp ready to show that he belongs in Boston full time so I look forward to seeing how his game is now with a little more seasoning.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He took league minimum for 1 year to come home, and still some fans are bitching about it. The Leafs just paid Reaves 1,350,000 per for 3 years, and he's not half the hockey player Lucic is (and he's arguably not tougher, either).
League minimum is 775k.
He's getting paid 1.5m.

But yeah, the Reaves contract is worse. Just thought you might want accurate numbers.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
League minimum is 775k.
He's getting paid 1.5m.

But yeah, the Reaves contract is worse. Just thought you might want accurate numbers.

My bad. But hey, at least I didn't include bonuses as part of Reaves salary and then claim someone might want "accurate" numbers.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
My bad. But hey, at least I didn't include bonuses as part of Reaves salary and then claim someone might want "accurate" numbers.
Reaves doesn't have any bonuses.

But I'm shocked that you think Lucic will be so bad that he won't receive any of his performance bonuses at all and will only make 1m.
Screenshot 2023-09-25 142451.png

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Reaves doesn't have any bonuses.

But I'm shocked that you think Lucic will be so bad that he won't receive any of his performance bonuses at all and will only make 1m.View attachment 746100

That's not the point. Including bonuses in with a salary, particularly when those bonuses make it appear he signed for more than Reaves, is dishonest at best. At the very least you could say he signed for $1 million and could make another .5. But that's not what you were going for, was it?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I’ll agree but he may get a game or two but he’ll be back in juniors for the season.

Bruins fans have a habit of latching on to a prospect and then getting irrationally upset if they are sent down or turning on them when they hit the rookie wall. His future is bright but I prefer to be realistic. I’ll be thrilled if he can be the first player since Lucic to make it out of camp as a teenager but I am not expecting it and will not be shocked if he’s sent back later this week.

I want to see Poitras play against an almost full NHL roster before saying he fits like a glove in a pro game.

Agree.

In following this player, anyone who knows anything talks about his "hockey IQ" and "hockey sense." The way he thinks the game and processes it. As they say, you can't teach that.

A small example of what I mean from Jim Montgomery,

“I think the way he competes, he competes on draws, he competes for loose pucks,” mused Montgomery. “He’s not timid in any area. There was one play in the second period where he dove down to win a battle. He got low, won that battle, and then he snuck by someone to take a hit.

He could have taken a hit, but he took a glimpse of a hit, and that’s a sign of a little bit of an elusive player, that they didn’t get a big piece of him. Those kind of plays showed me his competitive fire and that he wants the puck.”

Playing against NHLers at his size and at his age is a huge ask. If he can somehow do that, fab.

If not, no worries. Let him cook. He'll be here before we know it.

1695674502292.png

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I agree with you.

He's not going to hit his performance bonuses and will only make 1m.

Thanks for the reminder.
funny how butthurt you are over lucic...reminds me of the days you crapped all over pj axelsson.
pretty sure you were that guy. if not, my bad. shine on you crazy diamond.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad