2023 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Yep. Lucic was underrated for his straight line speed, even though he scored a large percent of his goals by beating defensemen to the far post for redirects. He looked to me like he still has that. He was getting up and down the ice just fine this week.

Where he’s less effective is the starts/stops and darts. He was great in line rushes and Ozone play (he’d set up in front of the net and scored a half dozen goals within 2’ of the crease), but when he was on the defensive side of small area games he wasn’t darting around getting his stick in lanes like the young guys.

But all players have strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully Monty will use him in a way that plays to his strengths. Maybe we’re going to see an old school Crash Line like NJ trotted out In the 90’s (Holik, McKay, Peluso). Lucic - McLaughlin - Brown was the line at practice yesterday. That line could throw 500 hits in a season.
One of the things coaches seemed to always say when the B's squads of the past few years were unsuccessful is that more forwards needed to go into the danger areas. Maybe with Lucic and JVR – as you say, albeit with their strengths and weaknesses – we'll at least have a couple of guys who aren't afraid to go there, because that's where their bread and butter is. And maybe it'll trickle down to some of the younger guys like Beecher, Lauko, etc.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
funny how butthurt you are over lucic...reminds me of the days you crapped all over pj axelsson.
pretty sure you were that guy. if not, my bad. shine on you crazy diamond.

The obsession some have with shitting on anyone who can actually fight is borderline psychotic.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad