2023 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Lol, I always liked Heinen. I thought he'd be a consistent 55 point player after his 47 point rookie season, but that turned out be his career high.

Still, he averages 14 goals, 35 points and 36 takeaways per 82. That's not bad considering he only gets around 13:30 of ice time per game while playing good defense. Last year he got 60% DZ starts.

Long story short, I think he'd be a useful add. Competition in camp is going to be fierce!
Let’s not forget who his college coach was either…

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Heinen is a good player, however, he has never found any consistency in his play. That is a killer for player- Consistency is the best attribute a player can have. He might be able to do a job on the third line, but if the Bruins sign him, I don't want to hear about how good his stick is when he isn't scoring or doing anything else.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Lol, I always liked Heinen. I thought he'd be a consistent 55 point player after his 47 point rookie season, but that turned out be his career high.

Still, he averages 14 goals, 35 points and 36 takeaways per 82. That's not bad considering he only gets around 13:30 of ice time per game while playing good defense. Last year he got 60% DZ starts.

Long story short, I think he'd be a useful add. Competition in camp is going to be fierce!
I liked him too.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Considering the cap situation this season, and the general need for value contracts, I’ve got no problem with Heinen at league minimum if he earns it in camp.

His game leaves a ton to be desired as we all know in terms of consistency, but you could do a lot worse.
The Monty factor is what I am looking at with him. He played for him at Denver and was very consistent. There is honestly no downside to this and if he has a good camp and takes the league minimum, then the sky is the limit.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
I am actually kind of excited for training camp. Such a random group of players fighting for a few positions. Will someone surprise? Will Monty be able to find a gem in this group (heinen, geekie, bovqist, poitras, merkulov, lauko etc). Will Zacha be able to step it up?

Do I expect an amazing season? heck no. But are the questions making it interesting, yes! haha

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
This is guaranteed to make some heads here explode.

I wonder if there's any thought to the possibility of using him as a center in the event of significant injuries. Anyway, I like the signing. He has the skill to possibly mesh with Zacha-Pastrnak and the versatility to play on a heavy third line. Maybe we sign him to a two-way deal which makes it effectively no risk.

Reactions: BMC

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Guy was part of Cassidy infamous Crap Pack

Monty loves Heins

I’m not sold on JVR

I would love love love love this :

Heinen - Zacha- Pastrnak
I am also not sold on JVR......

I'm also not sold on a guy on a PTO getting first line minutes on our team!

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The Bruins kicked off their annual series of pre-camp captains’ practices Tuesday morning, albeit without an official captain.
The club will be looking for a new sweater to sew the “C” on this fall after Patrice Bergeron retired after a prolific 19-season run, including the last three campaigns as captain.
Of the handful of likely candidates to succeed Bergeron, his longtime wingman, Brad Marchand, was the only one who hit the ice at Warrior Arena for the 90-minute skills and scrimmage session.
Marchand, who has served in the alternate captain rotation for the last five seasons, said he hasn’t spent a ton of time thinking about following in the footsteps of Bergeron and Zdeno Chara, Boston’s captain for 14 seasons.

“Obviously, it’s a big honor to be in the leadership group in this organization and when you look at the guys that have been there before, we’ve always done it collectively as a group,” Marchand said after the skate. “So, regardless of who wears it, it’s a collective thing. And even guys without letters will step up a lot of times throughout the year. So again, when you lose Bergy and [longtime alternate captain David Krejci] and the leadership that comes with [them] it’s going to come from a group, not from one certain guy or a couple guys.

“So that’s what we’re going to rely on this year, particularly at a time like this.”

Given Marchand’s age (35), experience (he’s heading into his 15th season), and stature in the locker room, he would seem a natural fit to carry the “C” on his chest.

Additionally, the lessons learned from Bergeron’s leadership style could help with locker room continuity while also helping to integrate the many new faces who will don the Black and Gold this season.

“One of the big things [Bergeron] talked about was gratitude and accountability, just treating every day like it’s a gift and being thankful to be here and have the opportunity to play in this organization, this team,” said Marchand. “You hear it so often when guys come from different groups or they leave and go somewhere else, how much they miss being here and how lucky they are to be here now. These careers fly by quickly. You’re going to miss it every day when it’s gone. You never know when it’s going to be your last day in the league. It’s just being grateful, and with that comes doing everything in your power to make the most of your opportunity and to not waste a day.”

No matter who gets the assignment centering Marchand and Jake DeBrusk, Marchand knows they must jell organically.

“The biggest thing that we have to do is make sure we don’t try to play the same way Bergy and I played,” he said. “If I’m playing with Coyle or playing with Zacha … we have to build our own chemistry from Day 1. I’ve got to find what strengths either one of those guys have and play within that and they have to do the same with me. It took years to build what Bergy and I had and whoever was with us at that point in time. It’s just something we have to work on every day in practice, watch video. We’re going to have to build throughout the season, next season and the year after that.

“It will be a work in progress. The big thing is those two guys have a great opportunity ahead of them to play big minutes and take a big step.”

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I keep forgetting about Brett Harrison. 6'3 190, probably needs to bulk up a bit. Guess he never really showed out at all those world junior tourneys, so he's probably not the guy. Still seems like middle 6 upside if someone developed him right? Don't see him making the roster. Just had totally forgot he existed.

Reactions: dangermike

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
WELCOME BACK TO BOSTON DANTON HEINEN!

Let the schadenfreude begin!
Are we already penciling him in?

Only on the bruins forums do we get 6 pages to discuss a PTO.

If Heinen makes this team I’ll be a bit surprised. And I’m one of the people that like him.

If any PTO makes the team then the prospects were not good enough. I’m hoping a couple of prospects make themselves impossible to cut. I’m especially hopeful the 19 year old poitras makes it.

Poitras probably won’t make it. But if he does that’s a great sign for this teams future at centre. Any player that cracks the nhl at 19 has something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad