2023 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This is the most excited I've been about training camp in a long time. I think its the combination of the long layoff, where I did sort of a hockey blackout, and the huge roster turnover. There's a lot of storylines going in camp, which makes it more interesting. Drop the puck!
Me as well

I was ready to never see another game on May 1 but 4-5 months I’m back tanned, rested and delusional.

Led by Marchy

No Eichel ?

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
His back, hips, and knees would disagree with you :laugh:

I guess. I dunno - clearly nobody knows but him/his family/the team, but a) nothing ever seemed career-ending to me, and b) there was the (odd?) statement by brass that he was healthy

I dunno

just feels like he had more to give and I'm really hating not seeing him this year, so yeah I'm projecting for all you armchair psychologists lol

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nice. Yeah, lots of questions to be answered. And I honestly like the exhibition games more than the early regular season games because you get to see the prospects on the ice with NHL'ers (as a comparison), so there's lots to learn.
We never sell the pre-season games. Years ago, it was because no one wanted to pay full price for the tickets, but now we like to see the kids trying out for the team.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
We never sell the pre-season games. Years ago, it was because no one wanted to pay full price for the tickets, but now we like to see the kids trying out for the team.
I remember watching Barry Pederson in a pre-season game up here in Portland after his draft year. Looked like he just came from the Jr. prom. He wasn't the biggest, wasn't the fastest but damn he was the smartest. Always in the right place, always came up with the puck, always made the right play. He and Middleton were magic together before his injury derailed him. The Adams Division battles with the Habs, the Sabres, the Statsnys' and the Whale were great days indeed.
Oh and by the way, if he's in the lineup keep an eye on Poitras. He's got some Pederson like qualities in him. "Poitras sets up Pasta for the one timer on the Power Play goal" sounds pretty good.

1693938083319.png

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I remember watching Barry Pederson in a pre-season game up here in Portland after his draft year. Looked like he just came from the Jr. prom. He wasn't the biggest, wasn't the fastest but damn he was the smartest. Always in the right place, always came up with the puck, always made the right play. He and Middleton were magic together before his injury derailed him. The Adams Division battles with the Habs, the Sabres, the Statsnys' and the Whale were great days indeed.
Oh and by the way, if he's in the lineup keep an eye on Poitras. He's got some Pederson like qualities in him. "Poitras sets up Pasta for the one timer on the Power Play goal" sounds pretty good.

View attachment 741100
I started watching around 1983 so I was not there for his rookie season, but the Bourque, Neely, Middleton era was truly awesome and made me a fan forever.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bergy not at captain's practice - I'm just gonna say it, I think

View attachment 741100
Yup my favorite player as well

Middleton & Pederson were magic together

My comp is Nomar Garciaparra

If you told me after 5 seasons neither would be in the HOF I’d not believe it

Babajingo

This is guaranteed to make some heads here explode.

This is the pure genius of Sweeney. He let Pitt give Danton experience while he had a veteran team and no room for him. Now he's back and will probably net 40g. Next up Donato.
My god he's using the other NHL teams for player development.

or maybe not.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Lol, I always liked Heinen. I thought he'd be a consistent 55 point player after his 47 point rookie season, but that turned out be his career high.

Still, he averages 14 goals, 35 points and 36 takeaways per 82. That's not bad considering he only gets around 13:30 of ice time per game while playing good defense. Last year he got 60% DZ starts.

Long story short, I think he'd be a useful add. Competition in camp is going to be fierce!

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Is there a schedule for training camp, and is it open to the public? It’s been a very long time since I went, probably dating back to Ristuccia.
I haven't seen a schedule but it's always open to the public. Beautiful rink. If you need anything, DKH knows a guy.

Reactions: SPV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad