2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Fair point on trading him, but not Sure if you get the same value back with him as a rental (of course depends on what it would take to get him)

If he’d healthy a 1st should be a given.

He’d be a great bridge atleast for Mateychuk/Svozil and his contract has zero risks.

Would also slot behind Werenski and wouldn’t be asked to be #1D, longterm the expectation would be teams #3 behind Werenski& Jiricek.

Boston
McAvoy
Lindholm
Orlov

Tampa
Hedman
McDonagh
Serg

Colorado
Makar
Byram
Toews

Having a top3 like that is a massive advantage

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Point is, we never recouped the cost. But people are talking in absolutes regarding the same thing wrt Chychrun.
Isn’t your implication that it will be just like panarin also an absolute?

Only a Sith deals in absolutes anyway

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
People have pointed out elsewhere - Vancouver is already over the cap (if the cap is $83.5m) for next season.

That is, of course, without moving Boeser or Miller.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Isn’t your implication that it will be just like panarin also an absolute?
I’m saying people assuming that we can “recoup” the costs are wrong. A lot an change, guys get hurt, teams surprise you, etc. people thought Panarin would stay, or would be traded.

The uncertainty of Chychrun + the uncertainty of how good our team is + the uncertainty of his desire to play in Cbus makes this a no go for me.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes anyway
I am your father

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Like we did with Panarin? :sarcasm:
the panarin trade was 10000% worth it imo.

also panarin was far and away our best player and there were zero in-house replacements. would be a completely different situation with chychrun. he'd make them more competitive in the medium-term as a veteran alongside gaudreau, werenski, laine and jenner. his age makes him a potential long-term piece alongside johnson, jiricek, sillinger and potentially bedard. they'd also have in-house options to replace him in mateychuk/svozil.

I’m saying people assuming that we can “recoup” the costs are wrong. A lot an change, guys get hurt, teams surprise you, etc. people thought Panarin would stay, or would be traded.
they absolutely could recoup assets. would the situation call for it or allow it? maybe not.

if they have a legit swing at a cup in 2024-25 with chychrun and no extension, i'd hold onto him and let mateychuk take over the next year.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
the panarin trade was 10000% worth it imo.

also panarin was far and away our best player and there were zero in-house replacements. would be a completely different situation with chychrun. he'd make them more competitive in the medium-term as a veteran alongside gaudreau, werenski, laine and jenner. his age makes him a potential long-term piece alongside johnson, jiricek, sillinger and potentially bedard. they'd also have in-house options to replace him in mateychuk/svozil.

they absolutely could recoup assets. would the situation call for it or allow it? maybe not.

if they have a legit swing at a cup in 2024-25 with chychrun and no extension, i'd hold onto him and let mateychuk take over the next year.
If 2025 comes and the Jackets are in the 2nd wild card spot battling with Detroit/Sens and they don’t trade Chychrun at the TDL, then lose him fin UFA that summer, is it worth it?

IMO, probably not.

Reactions: Toe Pick

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
If 2025 comes and the Jackets are in the 2nd wild card spot battling with Detroit/Sens and they don’t trade Chychrun at the TDL, then lose him fin UFA that summer, is it worth it?
the answer to that hypothetical is entirely predicated on how the playoff series ends up going.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
That price... seems awfully low. What the hell Arizona.

I was just following this saga from the sidelines but at that price I would've thrown the LA 1st and two of our own 2nd rd picks + something and get him instead. That Ceulemans suggestion from earlier wouldn't have sounded bad at all now. Strange if no other team offered more.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
That’s not bad for Chychrun for Ottawa, given the unlikelihood of the conditions hitting for the 2nd to become a 1st. Although the pick this year could be top 15.

Either Jarmo has his eyes on another prize, didn’t bid that high for Chychrun (top 16 pick is pretty hard to beat), or didn’t bid because Chychrun didn’t want to come here.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
At that price, that deal is probably worth it for the CBJ…
@cbjthrowaway
didn't realize that ottawa's pick is currently 11th overall – cbj could definitely cobble together a better package but i don't think any of the individual pieces are as good as that. but yeah, would've been worth it at that price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad