2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
i f***ing love you michael stone

unless the oilers rest guys, i can't see the ducks beating them. the coyotes game is the one that worries me
I don't think the Oilers will rest guys since they are fighting for 1st in the division. The games that worry me are Arizona (but the Yotes are a good home team) and the home games against Vancouver and LA. LA could rest a lot of players if the division race is settled before game 82.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think the Oilers will rest guys since they are fighting for 1st in the division. The games that worry me are Arizona (but the Yotes are a good home team) and the home games against Vancouver and LA. LA could rest a lot of players if the division race is settled before game 82.
Division race will go down to the end probably.

Reactions: 405Entrance

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Feels like we're in a runaway elevator race with Chicago to the bottom of the building lol. who will reach terminal velocity faster haha

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Remaining schedules by teams:

Anaheim:
Vs Oilers
@ Coyotes
Vs Avalanche
Vs Canucks
Vs Kings

San Jose:
Vs Avalanche
Vs Avalanche
Vs Oilers
@ Jets
@ Flames
@ Oilers

CBJ:
@ Maple Leafs
@devils
Vs Rangers
@ Flyers
Vs Penguins
Vs Sabres

CHI:
@Flames
@ canucks
@ Kraken
Vs Wild
@ Penguins
Vs Flyers

We definitely appear to have the easiest schedule, although we also have a game in hand so it probably balances out a bit. I wouldn’t celebrate anything yet though

That San Jose schedule is really really tough. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost out in regulation

Last edited:

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I'd say the Ducks could, at worst, get four more points with wins against Arizona and the Canucks. San Jose will most likely only add one more point to their total, if at all, which is a bit concerning. Columbus and Chicago each have four more points to potentially gain in their remaining games, with Columbus having outside chances against Philly and Buffalo and the Blackhawks possibly winning two against the Canucks and the Flyers.

I could very much see it playing out like this:

San José 60 pts, 16 Regulation Wins
Columbus 60 points, 16 Regulation Wins
Anaheim 60 points, 15 Regulation Wins
Chicago 58 points, 17 Regulation Wins

We are lucky to have, pretty much, all the tie-breakers on our side. If only we just lost out on all the remaining five games, I would be very confident to have secured #1 spot pre-lottery and a guaranteed top-3 pick.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Thrun has helped the Sharks with two wins, extending their win streak to three and tying their longest win streak of the season. Who know how our defense plays once LaCombe is inserted into the lineup?

Frozen Four dates
- Final Four on April 6th, Thursday.
- Championship game, April 8th, Sat.

Ducks final four game dates
- April 8 @ Arizona
- April 9 vs Colorado
- April 11 vs Vancouver
- April 13 vs Kings

Reactions: lwvs84

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Remaining schedules by teams:

Anaheim:
Vs Oilers
@ Coyotes
Vs Avalanche
Vs Canucks
Vs Kings

San Jose:
Vs Avalanche
Vs Avalanche
Vs Oilers
@ Jets
@ Flames
@ Oilers

CBJ:
@ Maple Leafs
@devils
Vs Rangers
@ Flyers
Vs Penguins
Vs Sabres

CHI:
@Flames
@ canucks
@ Kraken
Vs Wild
@ Penguins
Vs Flyers

We definitely appear to have the easiest schedule, although we also have a game in hand so it probably balances out a bit. I wouldn’t celebrate anything yet though

That San Jose schedule is really really tough. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lost out in regulation..

Thanks for putting that together. I can see the Blue Jackets maybe grabbing a OT loser point if the Sabres are eliminated by then. I still think the Sabres' offense can completely overpower CBJ's weak defense and goaltending though so honestly they could very well lose out too. With Toews back in the Blackhawks lineup, and if he really is retiring, I can see them grabbing a moral win or two. Especially against the Flyers.

Our game against Arizona is such a coin toss. Still an uncomfortable "race"

Reactions: AngelDuck

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
We are going to end up in a spot drafting Michkov and have to relive the pain off his season for 4 years, aren’t we?

Reactions: 405Entrance

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Thrun has helped the Sharks with two wins, extending their win streak to three and tying their longest win streak of the season. Who know how our defense plays once LaCombe is inserted into the lineup?

Frozen Four dates
- Final Four on April 6th, Thursday.
- Championship game, April 8th, Sat.

Ducks final four game dates
- April 8 @ Arizona
- April 9 vs Colorado
- April 11 vs Vancouver
- April 13 vs Kings
You Guys think Lacombe makes the ducks next year full time?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m just proud of the team for keeping up in the race

We are going to end up in a spot drafting Michkov and have to relive the pain off his season for 4 years, aren’t we?
I’m still wondering if a team would trade big assets to move to the 4 and get michkov.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
FSB (former KGB) now confiscating the passports of current government officials -- to prevent defections.
giphy.gif

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Thanks for putting that together. I can see the Blue Jackets maybe grabbing a OT loser point if the Sabres are eliminated by then. I still think the Sabres' offense can completely overpower CBJ's weak defense and goaltending though so honestly they could very well lose out too. With Toews back in the Blackhawks lineup, and if he really is retiring, I can see them grabbing a moral win or two. Especially against the Flyers.

Our game against Arizona is such a coin toss. Still an uncomfortable "race"
nah, toews is so cooked he'll only help the hawks tank even more. i'd be shocked if they win another game this season

Why won't he come over.
russia political situation+team owner with endless $$$ who will do whatever it takes to keep him in russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad