2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Agreed. Even if it's Michkov. He makes me the most nervous for obvious reasons but you can't deny his potential. The Ducks just have to do whatever they can to convince him to come over if that's who we end up with.
Pat has to win GM of the year if he brokers a peace deal in Ukraine, right?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Now that the rooting is over, lol. I’m content with the loss. Lol. They fought till the end.

Zegras hit 60 points today, back to back 60+ point seasons, only player in his draft to do it and on this putrid Ducks team? It’s remarkable!

Vatrano ties a career high in points, with 5 games left, becoming a very good acquisition for Anaheim. So some good stuff.

McTavish has hit a wall like I said before, he is on fumes now.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
So glad we don’t play until Wednesday, if between now and then these other tank teams can gain points . Players might even actually notice and say “ ok let’s just not f this up now”

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Now that the rooting is over, lol. I’m content with the loss. Lol. They fought till the end.

Zegras hit 60 points today, back to back 60+ point seasons, only player in his draft to do it and on this putrid Ducks team? It’s remarkable!

Vatrano ties a career high in points, with 5 games left, becoming a very good acquisition for Anaheim. So some good stuff.

McTavish has hit a wall like I said before, he is on fumes now.
I feel very bipolar with the range of emotions I go through in the games lately. But ultimately I'm glad we didn't waste a BJs win with a win of our own or a dreaded loser point.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel very bipolar with the range of emotions I go through in the games lately. But ultimately I'm glad we didn't waste a BJs win with a win of our own or a dreaded loser point.

Yeah it’s been rather difficult going back and forth, and I know a lot of folks are going through it. But we really need that Top 3 pick, and this draft is the draft to tank.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
i f***ing love you michael stone

unless the oilers rest guys, i can't see the ducks beating them. the coyotes game is the one that worries me
There’s been way too much cockiness in this thread about how the Ducks can’t possibly beat some teams. There are no sure things and tonight’s scare should be an example.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
it took 6 sims for me on tankathon to have us not drop lol. i hate the lottery odds

It's using the same algorithm as the NHL lottery. Since 2016, when the NHL started using more than one lottery draw, the #2 team has never moved up nor stayed at #2 for the past 7 drafts. Check out the lottery results here. It doesn't make any sense why the original 2nd overall has always moved down, which includes us from the 2021 draft.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
There’s been way too much cockiness in this thread about how the Ducks can’t possibly beat some teams. There are no sure things and tonight’s scare should be an example.
i had a bad feeling about tonight just because we saw them beat this same sorry ass flames team a few weeks ago. they're a shit team

unless mcdavid and draisaitl rest, the only way this ducks team would beat the oilers is if gibson plays like a vezina candidate like he did a couple months ago. this team would be comfortably in last if it wasn't for gibson single-handedly winning games

It's using the same algorithm as the NHL lottery. Since 2016, when the NHL started using more than one lottery draw, the #2 team has never moved up nor stayed at #2 for the past 7 drafts. Check out the lottery results here. It doesn't make any sense why the original 2nd overall has always moved down, which includes us from the 2021 draft.
so you're saying it's either last place, 3rd to last, or bust

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
so you're saying it's either last place, 3rd to last, or bust

Nope. Just sharing the extreme oddity that the 2nd place team hasn't moved up nor stayed at #2 since there were two or more lottery drawings for the past seven consecutive drafts. If it does it for an eighth consecutive season, then we can say it's a curse.

Let’s go BJs! We need the franchise altering Bedard.

Don't you mean Hawks? The BJs already passed us up by winning today. The Hawks are #1 and we're #2 now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Nope. Just sharing the extreme oddity that the 2nd place team hasn't moved up nor stayed at #2 since there were two or more lottery drawings for the past seven consecutive drafts. If it does it for an eighth consecutive season, then we can say it's a curse.

Don't you mean Hawks? The BJs already passed us up by winning today. The Hawks are #1 and we're #2 now.
We could still use more Blue Jackets wins or loser points. There is zero margin of error between the two teams right now. A single loser point would drop us back to third to last again.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
More or less out of racetrack to catch Montreal at this point. Not a statistical impossibility yet, but Montreal would basically have to lose every game and we'd basically have to win all of ours.
Montreal is out of reach. Even if we won the 5 remaining games, we’d lose on the tiebreaker should Montreal remain at 66.

We’re guaranteed to finish no better than 4th from the bottom now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Montreal is out of reach. Even if we won the 5 remaining games, we’d lose on the tiebreaker should Montreal remain at 66.

We’re guaranteed to finish no better than 4th from the bottom now.

You're right. My brain math was going off the wrong number of games played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad