2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yup. Team was overachieving with a terrible roster all season long. When we did ditch some talent at the TDL, it didn't destroy us much like other teams that did jettison a lot of talent to cause all of them to tank harder than us.

All I know is that for the past two drafts, 1OA wins 1OA and 2nd OV gets leapfrogged.
I for one blame John Gibson if the Ducks drop. At least 5 wins can be attributed to him all of a sudden playing like he can win a Vezina for much not needed moral victories.

gibson is the only reason why they're not sitting comfortably in dead last right now
Posted before I read this. This.

Gibby feeling good about himself for a few nights could be the difference between the Ducks getting Benson or Bedard.

Last edited:

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Well is it worth trading Gibson for peanuts to pick 2nd or 3rd pre lottery? We wouldnt have gotten anything of value for him based on what players were being traded for.

The top 5 players would all significantly improve our team.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Well is it worth trading Gibson for peanuts to pick 2nd or 3rd pre lottery? We wouldnt have gotten anything of value for him based on what players were being traded for.

I feel like the top 2-3 players are true game changers. 5th pick, not so sure about that, to be honest.
Getting a player like Bedard , and maybe Fantili, would make Anaheim a better option during the Free Agency, too.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Why would anyone trade a number one goalie for peanuts on the dollar. It would set our rebuild back tremendously.

Sure, trade Gibson so (hypothetically) Bedard and co are all offense and no defense. Makes sense

I said it before and I will repeat, after this kind of season, anything other than the 1OA (which I know, won't happen) is a failure. This season was CRAP, the worst I can recall ever, yet we're might not even get one of the first three picks. f***!

What did you want us to do? Go scorched earth like Phoenix, Chicago or even San Jose? This line of thinking is ridiculous

Reactions: Kalv

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Why would anyone trade a number one goalie for peanuts on the dollar. It would set our rebuild back tremendously.

Sure, trade Gibson so (hypothetically) Bedard and co are all offense and no defense. Makes sense

What did you want us to do? Go scorched earth like Phoenix, Chicago or even San Jose? This line of thinking is ridiculous
Did I say we should trade our talents? No.
But if you think this current team is going anywhere, you're wrong. We sucked and we still suck. We DO need someone like Bedard to turn the team and the franchise around. After a horrible season, 4 or 5 meaningless victories mean zero.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Did I say we should trade our talents? No.
But if you think this current team is going anywhere, you're wrong. We sucked and we still suck. We DO need someone like Bedard to turn the team and the franchise around. After a horrible season, 4 or 5 meaningless victories mean zero.

Bedard alone won’t fix this franchise

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
bedard, fantilli, or carlsson won't fix everything but one of those guys will sure help speed up the rebuild

don't think we'll end up with any of them so not like it matters

Reactions: Yemeth

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
bedard, fantilli, or carlsson won't fix everything but one of those guys will sure help speed up the rebuild

don't think we'll end up with any of them so not like it matters

They won't speed up the process. They'll need a few years learning how to be a 200 ft player. Eakins is still trying to get Z how to play 200 ft despite Z's offensive prowess.

What will speed up the process is if our D-core is vastly improved via prospects, trade, or FA. Since we have a boatload of D prospects on the cusps of making the NHL in a year or three, Verbeek might be looking for FA plugs so that he can maintain talent depth and control the Salary Cap better.

Reactions: Masch78 and Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Getting a top 4 player in this draft def helps the process and the mentality.

You get bedard, fantilli, Carlson or michkov…. And that’s your que to start building around our young talent.

Does bedard make us a playoff team? No

But it prob gets PV to start making moves to building a playoff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad