2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At this point just wanted to see the kids get on the scoresheet and play well, sadly that is not even happening anymore. This season cannot end soon enough. Doubt they even win another game in the final 8 games.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
It just dawned on me that Fantilli is a college prospect.. imagine if he refuses to sign with the team that drafts him :help::laugh::eek:

Someone as good as Fantilli won't do that. He'd need to wait in college 3 more years as opposed to playing in the NHL next year and 3 years from now probably signing a big long term contract.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Come to the dark side

Again, won’t root for them to lose, but won’t be upset anymore if they do. The loses were more to stomach when Z and Mac were having multi-point nights. I’m sorry, I like Grant but there is nothing exciting when him and Silf are the only ones to put up points in a 5-1 loss, and on top of Z getting hurt, literally ruined my night. Lol.

We need this Top 3 pick, and meaningless wins at this point are well, meaningless.

Reactions: dracom

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Again, won’t root for them to lose, but won’t be upset anymore if they do. The loses were more to stomach when Z and Mac were having multi-point nights. I’m sorry, I like Grant but there is nothing exciting when him and Silf are the only ones to put up points in a 5-1 loss, and on top of Z getting hurt, literally ruined my night. Lol.

We need this Top 3 pick, and meaningless wins at this point are well, meaningless.

This is how it begins

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Anaheim has a bonafide top-4 in our top-6 in Terry, Zegras, Rico, and McTavish. If we don't hear any good news tomorrow, then we're down to barely one of our top-4 for tomorrow night's game, the start of a three-game road trip. It's possible we shutdown Rico, Terry, and Zegras for the season. This will significantly reduce our chances of winning games.

Maybe it's time to start calling up some kids to get some or more NHL taste longer than one game like Regenda, Tracey, Perreault, and Groulx.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
shutting down the kids at this point in the season is the right move. no point risking injury in meaningless games. also, send gibson home for good measure so he can't steal any more wins

bring up guys from SD to give them a taste of the NHL

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
shutting down the kids at this point in the season is the right move. no point risking injury in meaningless games. also, send gibson home for good measure so he can't steal any more wins

bring up guys from SD to give them a taste of the NHL
it really is the most rational move at this point, especially given how late we in the game we are. kinda crazy that they won't do it, nor will other teams.

when the injuries start coming up it's hard to argue that it's still good development experience even, so really there's no benefit to being on the ice. Gibson sure as hell wouldn't miss out on anything if he was shut down. if anything, it would be good for him health-wise. guys who still should be out there are the Comtois and Lundestroms who still have more to prove for this season.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
it really is the most rational move at this point, especially given how late we in the game we are. kinda crazy that they won't do it, nor will other teams.

when the injuries start coming up it's hard to argue that it's still good development experience even, so really there's no benefit to being on the ice. Gibson sure as hell wouldn't miss out on anything if he was shut down. if anything, it would be good for him health-wise. guys who still should be out there are the Comtois and Lundestroms who still have more to prove for this season.
Have to be careful there benching clearly healthy and better players as it could be construed as them throwing games. It's one thing to bench a player as a message but just shutting down better players who are healthy enough to be play is not a good precedent to allow.

Reactions: dracom and Ducks5

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Have to be careful there benching clearly healthy and better players as it could be construed as them throwing games. It's one thing to bench a player as a message but just shutting down better players who are healthy enough to be play is not a good precedent to allow.
terry and zegras have legit injury-related reasons to be shut down

Reactions: robbieboy3686

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
terry and zegras have legit injury-related reasons to be shut down
They might. I'd imagine they'd ask for the injury report(s) on both players. If they're actually injured to the point that they can't play I'm all for it. No need to make it worse. Just saying that the team is likely going to have to prove that in a situation like this.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I am talking about Zegras and Terry who are most definitely not 'clearly healthy' players right now.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I am talking about Zegras and Terry who are most definitely not 'clearly healthy' players right now.
Well Terry is out for an unknown reason unless there was an update I missed? Z left the 3rd period of last game? Do we know why he left yet? Clearly unhealthy is speculation right now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
10 mock drafts today again (in Tankathon, so with the real odds):

2x 2nd pick
6x 5th pick
2x 6th pick

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Just curious how you guys would rank these teams?

1680115176924.png

1680115272681.png

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
jackets are the worst overall. that defense and goaltending are legit AHL-tier. my god

hawks and sharks are pretty evenly awful. the hawks forwards are just lol. athanasiou the 1C?

ducks are easily the best of the 4 main tanking teams. the defense is atrocious aside from fowler, but zegras/terry/mctavish makes them the best forward group and gibson is 10x better than the AHL goalies those teams are starting

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad