2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Conor Murphy looked like just about the least athletic player to ever be in the NHL, and gave up a breakaway to the Wild, who score with a minute left. Tanking teams doing tanking things.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Absolutely brutal sequence from Connor Murphy and then Stalock goes to the local market on the breakaway. Hawks a minute away from a terrible loss with no points coming, which is a shame because they played well.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
6-2 Montreal. Gap is gonna be 8 between us and the Habs before we drop the puck tonight, if the Ducks don’t get two points, you can put a bow on us finishing outside the top 4

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Montreal is four goals up on Columbus near the end of the second period. Montreal should win, and that win will put them up eight points on the Ducks, going into the St. Louis game tonight. That should pretty much seal the Ducks into fourth, with a long short opportunity to fall should one of the Hawks, Jackets, or Sharks decide to actually play professional hockey for the end of the season. After today that does not look likely, so we look pretty much locked into fourth.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
the bottom 4 teams in this league are terrible. Boy it’s going to be an interesting 9 games

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Ducks still weren’t great at defending, but whatever commitment they made for that seven game stretch is completely gone. They looks completely lifeless and without structure playing out the string, I would honestly be stunned if this team won more than a couple games the rest of the way

Can I retract this statement? Watching the way they're playing tonight in one of the games I thought they'd be competitive in, I'm starting to wonder if they'll win again at all this year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Looking at the schedule, CBJ and Hawks have tougher schedule than us, would be surprised if we finish below them...Sharks-schedule doesnt matter, they could have 10 consecutive games against Gulls and still lose all of them.
I think you're being unreasonable. I think Sharks could definitely compete for around 2 wins against the Gulls in a 10 game series :sarcasm:

How is Karlsson doing? For a stretch he was carrying the Sharks, wouldn't hurt if he decided to show himself off again in this last stretch

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I think the last four teams are cruising to the end of the season. I don't foresee any changes in the standings even though they should be possible. So fourth it is going into the lottery. The Ducks have historically dropped one spot in the lottery, but maybe this year they will have better luck.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I think the last four teams are cruising to the end of the season. I don't foresee any changes in the standings even though they should be possible. So fourth it is going into the lottery. The Ducks have historically dropped one spot in the lottery, but maybe this year they will have better luck.

I agree with the first part. It seems reasonable at this point to assume the bottom four teams currently are locked in to being the bottom four when the season ends. I do think, however, it's very reasonable for the ducks to drop into third.

If Chicago were to win today, that would put us equal to them in points and number of games left to play. The Ducks next game is against Colorado and we can assume that will be a loss. I think for the Ducks to drop below San Jose or Columbus is probably unrealistic because I don't think either team will win another game this season.

Unless my math is wrong, they just need to lose one more game than Chicago in the final nine and the Ducks have 3rd overall.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I think you're being unreasonable. I think Sharks could definitely compete for around 2 wins against the Gulls in a 10 game series :sarcasm:

How is Karlsson doing? For a stretch he was carrying the Sharks, wouldn't hurt if he decided to show himself off again in this last stretch
He was amazing with the puck yesterday, not so much in his own zone though.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad