2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Philadelphia pulls off a win. The Hawks loose badly. Montreal loses to the Bruins. The Flyers are now 10 points clear of us, and I don't view them as a threat any more. It's really down to us, Montreal, San Jose, the Hawks and the Jackets. Realistically we are looking at finished between 3rd and 5th, and are then subject to the luck of the draft lottery.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
really need to hold off montreal. dropping down to 5th worst and probably picking 7th as a result would be an absolute disaster

overtaking the hawks for 3rd worst(while still possible) would be a bonus

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I know our lottery luck has been bad, but if we finish 5th from the bottom, much higher likelihood we pick 5th or 6th than 7th. The chances of picking in the top 2 would be higher than the chances of picking 7th.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I jumped on tankathon and kept clicking sim lottery... it was very disheartening how little we got a lottery pick. We need to hope we only drop to 5th because we dropped to 6th more than we won a pick.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I jumped on tankathon and kept clicking sim lottery... it was very disheartening how little we got a lottery pick. We need to hope we only drop to 5th because we dropped to 6th more than we won a pick.
would you expect anything different with this franchise's lottery luck?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
blues on saturday might be a W, but i feel like they always struggle against them so wouldn't be surprised with an L either

schedule gets tougher after that. avs, kraken, oilers, flames, and oilers. hopefully none of those teams play down to the ducks level or rest key guys. could potentially be looking at a 5 or 6 game losing streak if all goes well. just comes down to goaltending which is the only reason why this team isn't in the bottom 2

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So we're most likely having 4th best odds, there is an outside chance we outstruck the Hawks but I wouldn't bet my money on it. This is who we go against.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, seems like 4th is where we'll land at this point. Unfortunately I think we're much more likely to catch the Habs than to fall to the level of Chicago, but our schedule is pretty brutal and I don't think picking up seven points on MTL in ten games is that likely given they have the tiebreaker on us. CBJ/SJ have pretty much locked in 1 and 2, they're both complete garbage fires.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So if we do end with 4th best odds:

1679684784863.png

* There is close to 50% chance we pick 5th
* Next best probability is we pick 6th
* About 1 in 7th chance we pick the same 4th
* less than 1 in 10 that we pick either 1st or 2nd

But how I like to look at it: there is about the same chance we pick either 6th or we pick one of top 2. Still... most likely odds are we have 5th overall pick. Just like CBJ would actually most likely pick 3rd.

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
4th is fine with me, really wouldnt want to slide past that. I think Carlsson would make it to us and I'd pick him 2nd given the choice. I like Fantilli's tools a bit more, especially the skating, but I give Leo the edge due to IQ, also think he's going to be a physical beast.

If the draft order is todays standings I'd predict:

1. CBJ: Bedard
2. SJ: Fantilli
3. CHI: Michkov
4. ANA: Carlsson

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Here's the rest of our schedule
Ducks​
Oppenents​
Game​
Date​
Opponent​
Pts​
Playoff Contention​
Potential Result​
73​
25-Mar​
StL​
70​
No​
win or OT​
74​
27-Mar​
Col​
88​
Yes​
Loss​
75​
30-Mar​
at​
Sea​
86​
Yes​
Loss​
76​
1-Apr​
at​
Edm​
90​
Yes​
Loss​
77​
2-Apr​
at​
Cal​
79​
Yes​
Loss​
78​
5-Apr​
Edm​
90​
Yes​
Loss​
79​
8-Apr​
at​
Ari​
66​
No​
win or OT​
80​
9-Apr​
Col​
88​
Yes​
Loss​
81​
11-Apr​
Van​
69​
No​
win or OT​
82​
13-Apr​
LA​
92​
YEs​
Loss​

The most likely chances of games we might win are three games, 6 points. We could also lose the next 10 games.

Reactions: Kalv

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I really hope the last game of the season doesn't matter to us standings wise and we crush the Kings (even better if it means something for them)... and while I'm dreaming, a few weeks later we find out we won the lottery.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
4th is fine with me, really wouldnt want to slide past that. I think Carlsson would make it to us and I'd pick him 2nd given the choice. I like Fantilli's tools a bit more, especially the skating, but I give Leo the edge due to IQ, also think he's going to be a physical beast.

If the draft order is todays standings I'd predict:

1. CBJ: Bedard
2. SJ: Fantilli
3. CHI: Michkov
4. ANA: Carlsson
It would suck to see Fantili in SJ

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Here's the rest of our schedule
Ducks​
Oppenents​
Game​
Date​
Opponent​
Pts​
Playoff Contention​
Potential Result​
73​
25-Mar​
StL​
70​
No​
win or OT​
74​
27-Mar​
Col​
88​
Yes​
Loss​
75​
30-Mar​
at​
Sea​
86​
Yes​
Loss​
76​
1-Apr​
at​
Edm​
90​
Yes​
Loss​
77​
2-Apr​
at​
Cal​
79​
Yes​
Loss​
78​
5-Apr​
Edm​
90​
Yes​
Loss​
79​
8-Apr​
at​
Ari​
66​
No​
win or OT​
80​
9-Apr​
Col​
88​
Yes​
Loss​
81​
11-Apr​
Van​
69​
No​
win or OT​
82​
13-Apr​
LA​
92​
YEs​
Loss​

The most likely chances of games we might win are three games, 6 points. We could also lose the next 10 games.
The schedule is harder than I thought.
Only strengthens the position that it'd take something extraordinary for us to earn 7 more points than the Habs in the final 10 games.

For example, even if we go 3-6-1, then the Habs would have to lose all of their games in regulation...

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
would you rather

SJ gets Bedard and we get Carlsson

or

would you rather

SJ gets anybody but Bedard, we get boxed out from Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson, but can get Michkov/Smith/Benson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad