2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
That's kinda how I see it as well. But you never can be sure. We only hold the tiebreaker by one over the Sharks and three over the Hawks. I'd hate to lose a spot on the tiebreaker after we had such a commanding lead all year. At least we are 5 up on the Habs and 10 on the Flyers.
That’s true, but if the Sharks were to catch up to us (ha, yeah right) they’d actually have to win some games. Loser OT points isn’t gonna do it, and if they do win a few, then it’s doubtful they’d all be in OT or a SO. So the tiebreaker is still going to go our way if a team below us currently ends up tying us in points.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That’s true, but if the Sharks were to catch up to us (ha, yeah right) they’d actually have to win some games. Loser OT points isn’t gonna do it, and if they do win a few, then it’s doubtful they’d all be in OT or a SO. So the tiebreaker is still going to go our way if a team below us currently ends up tying us in points.
I like your confidence, but all year I recall some people insisting we were so awful there was no way we couldn't finish last..but yet, here we are! About to blow a top 4 pick. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. ;)

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I like your confidence, but all year I recall some people insisting we were so awful there was no way we couldn't finish last..but yet, here we are! About to blow a top 4 pick. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. ;)
Well it's not so much confidence lol, as I don't think the Sharks have a chance in hell of catching us. They're in full tank mode. It's more just math. *If* they were to catch us, they'd have to actually win a few games. So if they're ahead of us in the tiebreaker now, they would still be by the end of the season. The only way it wouldn't work was if somehow they lost in OT like 10 times, and we won a few games in regulation and lost the rest. Or every win they get between now and the end of the season is a SO win.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I’m so torn
I want players to improve and play hard

I also really believe we NEED a top 4 pick this draft.

We’ve stolen so many points with good goaltending and some nice playing by the “kids” and select others

Gibson has gone from top goalie to massively underrated around these forums due to our team ineptness, but he has played us out of a top pick.

You can’t cheer against guys, but I really want that top tier pick. Watching the not give a damn from Columbus and sharks I can only hope karma is real. Our players have at least attempted to be nhlers

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I’m so torn

We’ve stolen so many points with good goaltending and some nice playing by the “kids” and select others

Gibson has gone from top goalie to massively underrated around these forums due to our team ineptness, but he has played us out of a top pick.

You can’t cheer against guys, but I really want that top tier pick. Watching the not give a damn from Columbus and sharks I can only hope karma is real. Our players have at least attempted to be nhlers
Well said🙏🏼

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’m so torn

Top-3 or Top-4?

If Michkov is in your top-4, then we're waiting four years to see him "potentially" on North American ice. Bedard comes over next year. 6'2 Fantilli and 6'3 Carlsson would probably be one-and-done, with a slight chance they could go pro next year, because both are AHL eligible since they're not CHL products. Smith could be one-and-done like Zegras as Smith is college bound. Benson is a CHL prospect and needs to add a lot more mass before going pro b/c he's 5'10 and 159 lbs, according to Elite Prospects.

Any of the top-3 are luxury picks. Top-4 to 6 are semi-luxury picks. We hit the jackpot three times in the past two seasons with RW Terry, C Zegras, and C McTavish. Anaheim needs far better D talent and there's no top-4 D in this year's draft.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Top-3 or Top-4?

If Michkov is in your top-4, then we're waiting four years to see him "potentially" on North American ice. Bedard comes over next year. 6'2 Fantilli and 6'3 Carlsson would probably be one-and-done, with a slight chance they could go pro next year, because both are AHL eligible since they're not CHL products. Smith could be one-and-done like Zegras as Smith is college bound. Benson is a CHL prospect and needs to add a lot more mass before going pro b/c he's 5'10 and 159 lbs, according to Elite Prospects.

Any of the top-3 are luxury picks. Top-4 to 6 are semi-luxury picks. We hit the jackpot three times in the past two seasons with RW Terry, C Zegras, and C McTavish. Anaheim needs far better D talent and there's no top-4 D in this year's draft.
I have no problem waiting on Michkov. That level of talent is worth it imo. We aren’t going to be a top level team for two years even with the others at 2/3/4 IMO.
I do understand and respect the concerns though.
But that level of upside just doesn’t come available.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Top-3 or Top-4?

Our D prospect pool is the best in the league.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I have no problem waiting on Michkov. That level of talent is worth it imo. We aren’t going to be a top level team for two years even with the others at 2/3/4 IMO.
I do understand and respect the concerns though.
But that level of upside just doesn’t come available.
Honestly unless Chicago gets #1 I i.agine they take Michkov. Gives them 3 more years to be terrible without the influx of talent from a top pick.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I could see the Hawks taking Michkov at 2 or 3. He could easily be a big draw in the same way Bedard could if they both end up being as advertised. In their market that’s still a pretty good money maker. Waiting 3 years just gives them time to throw out the beach chairs and tiki torch lamps while replacing them with something nice from IKEA.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Amazing how the nhl has a hard on v the ducks. This is the first season I remember, ever, where we benefited more than the sharks and kings as far as being able to play teams on the 2nd night of back to backs more. In a season where we weren’t expected to do much, and now it’s costing us some tanking.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Amazing how the nhl has a hard on v the ducks. This is the first season I remember, ever, where we benefited more than the sharks and kings as far as being able to play teams on the 2nd night of back to backs more. In a season where we weren’t expected to do much, and now it’s costing us some tanking.
I mean we did lose to Vancouver who were on the 2nd night of a back to back. Ducks looked Like they played the night before.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
It’s like a tradition now. Sharks score first every game and then we wait for the implosion. Sometimes it happens quickly, sometimes it’s more slow and painful.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Let’s be honest here. If either of the Sharks or Hawks were to get even a point tonight it would be a miraculous victory for us. We’re just in that spot where we’re praying to the hockey gods now. Not fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad