2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Little Johnny chose that franchise with the biggest professional decision of his life
Didn’t he more or less almost get left without a chair when the music stopped? Columbus came in at the last second after Philly never made an offer and NJ made an even lesser one than CBJ. Wasn’t that how he ended up there?

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Didn’t he more or less almost get left without a chair when the music stopped? Columbus came in at the last second after Philly never made an offer and NJ made an even lesser one than CBJ. Wasn’t that how he ended up there?
I honestly don't know

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
All the teams in the tank race are going to get points tonight with the exception of the Sharks, who got two unlikely points last night, so they get a break for playing the Avs on the road in the second of a b2b.

We’ll see what happens in our game, but overall it’s been a pretty solid last few days.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Someone talked about that game during the game and jinxed us. People can't learn to not say anything if the team we're pulling for to win is winning during the game.
in this case it was so obvious columbus was going to blow that lead though. especially when their starting goalie left the game due to "illness"

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012

That's pretty much it. Devils and Isles made offers that were less than what he got from Columbus. Philly wanted him but couldn't get anyone to take JVR (Verbeek wanted a 1st to take him). Calgary offered more than Columbus but he clearly was just done with them.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
There’s some nights where I want to tank, and then others where I want the team to win and spite those who are so set in wanting the team to finish last.
ITT, I want them to be entertaining, the youth to take steps but for the team to lose. I think that’s best case scenario at this point. Yes, you don’t want a losing culture, but if there is a year to tank this is it. Players never rank, they may lose motivation but they’re not trying to lose. A majority of the players on our roster are literally playing for their job. They’re just not very good at NHL hockey.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That's pretty much it. Devils and Isles made offers that were less than what he got from Columbus. Philly wanted him but couldn't get anyone to take JVR (Verbeek wanted a 1st to take him). Calgary offered more than Columbus but he clearly was just done with them.
Yeah, he could hardly go back to Calgary after telling them he was leaving. I think he was really counting on the flyers being the team he wanted and they couldn’t get the cap room to even make an offer. I think there was a rumor that the Isles ended up not making an offer but I couldn’t find that anywhere.

But it was true the CBJ came in late with their offer otherwise the money would have been even less that it ended up. The story he told afterward was just to save face about ending up with less money and nowhere near his home.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ITT, I want them to be entertaining, the youth to take steps but for the team to lose. I think that’s best case scenario at this point. Yes, you don’t want a losing culture, but if there is a year to tank this is it. Players never rank, they may lose motivation but they’re not trying to lose. A majority of the players on our roster are literally playing for their job. They’re just not very good at NHL hockey.
the whole "losing culture" thing is overblown. star players don't always come into the league and immediately join a winning team. look at the caps in ovechkin's first few seasons before boudreau got there, the kings in kopitar's first few seasons, the avs with mckinnon, etc.

the careers of our young guys aren't going to be ruined just because the team sucks for a few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad