2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Canucks blow 2-goal third period lead to Nashville, now a 3-3 game with just over 3 minutes to go. They’ve been beaten by a guy named Luke Evangelista, who given his name and the market he plays in sounds more like a guy who should be running a Joel Osteen-type megachurch

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Canucks blow 2-goal third period lead to Nashville, now a 3-3 game with just over 3 minutes to go. They’ve been beaten by a guy named Luke Evangelista, who given his name and the market he plays in sounds more like a guy who should be running a Joel Osteen-type megachurch

Canucks recover to win in the shootout 4-3 and the gap is 7 points (Ducks will be up there on Wednesday). Pretty much a flawless night for the tank

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Canucks recover to win in the shootout 4-3 and the gap is 7 points (Ducks will be up there on Wednesday). Pretty much a flawless night for the tank

We were definitely due for one.

It’s such a weird feeling, I struggle to root for us to lose. Just can’t seem to do it, but rooting for teams in the tank race to win has given me a good reason to be vested in games lately, and I’m enjoying them quite a bit.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We were definitely due for one.

It’s such a weird feeling, I struggle to root for us to lose. Just can’t seem to do it, but rooting for teams in the tank race to win has given me a good reason to be vested in games lately, and I’m enjoying them quite a bit.

That's kinda what I've done root for other teams to pass us. I just can't root for us to lose, but if we do lose am not as upset, and look at the silver lining of things, with the future in mind.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
That's kinda what I've done root for other teams to pass us. I just can't root for us to lose, but if we do lose am not as upset, and look at the silver lining of things, with the future in mind.

I used to feel that way but around Christmas I just straight up hope for a loss. I hope for 5-4 losses where Terry, McTavish, and Zegras score and assist on all 5 goals.

Getting 10 more points is not going to be this moral victory that makes them better in the long run. We are still playing shit hockey and only winning because of GIbson/luck.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I used to feel that way but around Christmas I just straight up hope for a loss. I hope for 5-4 losses where Terry, McTavish, and Zegras score and assist on all 5 goals.

Getting 10 more points is not going to be this moral victory that makes them better in the long run. We are still playing shit hockey and only winning because of GIbson/luck.
This is what drives me to stay up late to watch these games still. I think with Zegras, Terry, McTavish, Fowler, Gibson, Vatrano, and even Silf playing good hockey as of late, has kept us around the .500 mark since Jan. But yeah the bigger picture is to land a Top 3 pick, who can help speed up this rebuild and hopefully start turning the ship as early as next season.

Reactions: Beckett

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

I actually hope for low scoring games... 3-2/2-1 with 50+ shots against to boost Gibson's numbers. Same players you listed getting points. Either way, 1 goal losses in regulation (even though when the game starts, I still cheer for the Ducks).

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Evangelista is going to be a star in the league and it is unfortunate that the Ducks preferred taking Perreault and Colangelo right before he was taken by Nashville in 2020.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
giphy (6).gif

Couple of these starts...

Reactions: Yemeth

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I have seen too many blown three goal leads to have confidence that Columbus will beat the Penguins. Still, Chicago beat Ottawa yesterday, 5 - 0, so there are some weird results in the NHL. On another note Montreal has a one goal lead over Carolina after one period, but that is even more precarious than Columbus' lead. But better a one goal lead than a one goal deficit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad