2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah - in our current core the highest pick was #3 and the lowest was in the 5th round. I think our situation only seems dire at the moment because we've been so lousy hitting on forwards in the mid-first to second rounds.

We've probably had equal or more success at finding top-6 guys outside the mid-first to second round under Murray. Terry went in the 5th round and Kase went in the 7th round. (Talent & drive was there for Kase, but concussions derailed his NHL career.) 3rd round Pastujov could be following in their footsteps. Mid-first to second round top-6 under Murray is Rakell... dunno if Palms qualifies b/c he didn't breakout until he left Anaheim. Did I forget anyone else? Comtois was a 2nd round pick, but just a one-hit wonder at a top-6 role.

Thank goodness Murray got better with drafting forwards in the top-10 b/c he's 2 for 3 with Z and McTavish panning out in recent drafts. With Ritchie, not so much.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Due to the great tanking race, I have been watching the bottom teams play, particularly since they have traded away many of their players. Chicago, Columbus, Arizona, and San Jose are now built to lose. They will probably stumble into a few wins, each, over the remainder of the season, but it is going to be more by either having a horrible opponent or a good opponent having a horrible game than for any other reason. San Jose in particular is making a last minute run for the bottom. The last two games the Sharks have played have been an example of how not to win hockey games, as they lost both after taking a 2 - 0 lead in both. The Ducks look like Stanley Cup contenders compared to these four teams, and that is a remarkable statement.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Meh I wouldn’t say that. Benson, Reinbacher, Michkov & smith will all be again the 5-7 range. I think someone will grab Smith in the 3-4 range
no one's taking smith over fantilli or carlsson. the earliest he'll go is 4 and that's only if michkov drops

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Philly won tonight. They now have 59 points, extending the gap with the Ducks.

We can't forget the team above of us. We thought the Sharks were too far ahead not too long ago and now we're above them.

Mar 5 Standings Screenshot.png

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

In 2023 we're .500.. Chicago is as well, but gotta think they will sink pretty fast. Kane played out of his mind his last stretch there

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad