2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Not a traitor, I'd be watching the future of the Ducks and enjoying good hockey. I'd still root for them and watch some games just not make it a priority in my life.... which is already happening this year.

EDIT: To add to that there's no way in hell I'm paying for a ticket anytime soon... even when I get free tickets from the Rinks for coaches I haven't gone.
Ducks gonna win tonight and win you over

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Columbus has already lost tonight and the Coyotes are behind 2-0 to Carolina. Setting up for another bad night at the box office

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Gaudreau flubbed the puck on a wide open net to tie it for Columbus with about a minute to go. Whatever the opposite of clutch is, that’s what he is.

Not surprising with the Coyotes. Their defense rivals ours for worst in the league now, and outside of Keller, they have nothing up front that comes close to Zegras, Terry, etc.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Not a traitor, I'd be watching the future of the Ducks and enjoying good hockey. I'd still root for them and watch some games just not make it a priority in my life.... which is already happening this year.

EDIT: To add to that there's no way in hell I'm paying for a ticket anytime soon... even when I get free tickets from the Rinks for coaches I haven't gone.

It’s a fun exercise for me to imagine how you address some of your players based on your posting history.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
It’s a fun exercise for me to imagine how you address some of your players based on your posting history.
They definitely play more physical than this team is allowed to defensively. Also have more heart and grit than the entire team when comparing levels. Luckily I've gone through the levels and now coach kids that want to make something in their life's in the sport whether it be college or at least junior level.... so it's a lot easier for them to stay motivated.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Verbeek has done all he can to put the team in a dive and that goes beyond just the deadline today and i'm totally fine with all that. didn't trade for any help whatsoever throughout the year.

i'm all for a top pick, but these wins are coming from organic growth in our young guys' abilities which is great to see. still think we end up bottom 3/4.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Verbeek has done all he can to put the team in a dive and that goes beyond just the deadline today and i'm totally fine with all that. didn't trade for any help whatsoever throughout the year.

i'm all for a top pick, but these wins are coming from organic growth in our young guys' abilities which is great to see. still think we end up bottom 3/4.
yeah, it just shows that truly tanking is impossible. this team is historically bad and yet they likely won't end up picking top 5

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
f*** it. Let winning and drop further at the lottery and select 12th. Our players are feeling good being mediocre. Verbeek and Eakins is a genius. Let’s extend Eakins and Shattenkirk for another 5 years.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Ducks have never finish dead last in the NHL which is something to be proud of. I hope the Ducks don't finish dead last this season to keep that streak of never finishing dead last going especially when you have less then 30% chance at 1st overall with a dead last place finish.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
We're still close enough that we could manage to tank it out and get to the bottom, but it's looking shaky. This is why it's so hard to count on a good tank. Especially when you already have some young talent that you would like to play well.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Don't these guys want to play with Bedard every night? At least Klingberg understood what was at stake until he remembered that he needed to make money next season too and started playing hockey.

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Duck Knight

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017

It’s in the hockey god's hands regardless. Hopefully they see how hard the young guys have been grinding and give them the last core piece to potentially launch them into the stratosphere.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Trying to tank is a fruitless avenue when the lottery odds are what they are.

Best thing for the ducks is to bring in good players that can accompany McTavish, Zegras, Terry and Drysdale because the ducks won’t be worse than the coyotes or Blackhawks for a very long time with them on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad