2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you guys are concerned, as bad as they might have been, Klingberg and Kulikov are being replaced by Sustr and Del Zotto. The tank is still very much a thing here

I mean Klingberg was bad, the return showed that. I think we may be a better team without him, which is scary. Lol.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If you guys are concerned, as bad as they might have been, Klingberg and Kulikov are being replaced by Sustr and Del Zotto. The tank is still very much a thing here
doesn't really matter when gibson is playing like a brick wall and zegras/terry/mctavish are doing enough to get points on the board. they'll just keep winning games 3-1 or getting the loser point

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we were better with Sustr over Klingberg. There is such a thing as fit. Klingberg is absolutely the better player. Not the better fit.
from what i remember, sustr wasn't even that bad last season

Reactions: DavidBL

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
5th-6th
Chicago and Arizona have emptied the cupboard and San Jose is not far behind. They are all trying for the bottom, although San Jose still has a few legitimate NHL players. Columbus is not very good but is at least sort of trying. It sure looks like the Ducks, as awful as its defense is, may not even be in the bottom four.
yup, I have the Ducks finishing 5th-7th going into the lottery.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Our defence consists of Fowler, Shattenkirk, Benoit, Beaulieu, Sustr, White, Harrington. We don't need to bench anyone.

No-one is close to having a defence as bad as the one we're about to ice.
Uuuh boy, you haven't seen Blackghawks roster I guess

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
They gotta bench terry or Z or gibson. Picking outside of the top 4 will set the franchise back. I don’t know why they’re so keen on winning games that don’t matter. Why can Chicago, Columbus, and SJ manage to get their guys to fall in line but we can’t ?

You make it sound like these guys have the mafia threatening their players' families lmao. That's the problem with tanking: you can feel like you have the perfect plan to execute, but the players (and Eakins) are never going to go out there and lose on purpose.

Reactions: Terry Yake

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
You make it sound like these guys have the mafia threatening their players' families lmao. That's the problem with tanking: you can feel like you have the perfect plan to execute, but the players (and Eakins) are never going to go out there and lose on purpose.
Maybe tanking was never the goal?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yup. and that's why it's unrealistic to want guys like zegras and terry benched (as much as i would love that)

the jackets and hawks aren't going out there and losing on purpose. they're just very bad teams. so is this ducks team, but they have a bit more talent out there on a nightly basis than those two teams i mentioned

Maybe tanking was never the goal
if tanking wasn't the goal, verbeek would've fired eakins after last season and done more to overhaul the roster. the players and coaches aren't tanking, but verbeek certainly set up this season's team to tank

Reactions: 405Entrance

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
yup. and that's why it's unrealistic to want guys like zegras and terry benched (as much as i would love that)

the jackets and hawks aren't going out there and losing on purpose. they're just very bad teams. so is this ducks team, but they have a bit more talent out there on a nightly basis than those two teams i mentioned

if tanking wasn't the goal, verbeek would've fired eakins after last season and done more to overhaul the roster. the players and coaches aren't tanking, but verbeek certainly set up this season's team to tank
I think its more nuanced than that. Agree to disagree.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
You really need to relax.

Once again we have the 4th worst last 10 games among the bottom 10 teams, and all but San Jose are miles ahead of us points wise in the standings.

We're literally trading 2 of our 3 NHL defencemen today. This team is going to be seriously awful after the deadline (more so then already). Fowler will be the only legitimate NHL defenceman on the roster.
What about the last 5 games????

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
We are looking at finishing 4th or 5th pre lottery... If we dont luck out and win one of the 2 lottery picks this will be a failed year

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If we somehow finish high and still drop like we usually do and somehow don't even end up with Benson or Smith I'll probably follow another team for 1 season next year. What an absolute nightmare that would be. I'm definitely going to make this team a priority like I used to regardless of how exciting Zegras and Terry are. Will give me a good year to watch the Gulls and our prospects though which would be nice.

If we finish 4th or 5th the furthest we can (and will) drop is 2 spots I think right?

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
If we somehow finish high and still drop like we usually do and somehow don't even end up with Benson or Smith I'll probably follow another team for 1 season next year. What an absolute nightmare that would be. I'm definitely going to make this team a priority like I used to regardless of how exciting Zegras and Terry are. Will give me a good year to watch the Gulls and our prospects though which would be nice.

If we finish 4th or 5th the furthest we can (and will) drop is 2 spots I think right?
Don't you be a traitor man. If this ship sinks its taking all of us

Reactions: robbieboy3686

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Don't you be a traitor man. If this ship sinks its taking all of us
Not a traitor, I'd be watching the future of the Ducks and enjoying good hockey. I'd still root for them and watch some games just not make it a priority in my life.... which is already happening this year.

EDIT: To add to that there's no way in hell I'm paying for a ticket anytime soon... even when I get free tickets from the Rinks for coaches I haven't gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad