2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
now 2 pts ahead of columbus, 1 ahead of chicago, tied with SJ, and 3 behind AZ

schedule isn't helping either. they play montreal next, then you have vancouver (twice) nashville and columbus in the next 10 games. i get the sense columbus and chicago will start pulling away real soon and SJ will probably join them

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
now 2 pts ahead of columbus, 1 ahead of chicago, tied with SJ, and 3 behind AZ

schedule isn't helping either. they play montreal next, then you have vancouver (twice) nashville and columbus in the next 10 games. i get the sense columbus and chicago will start pulling away real soon and SJ will probably join them

Damn. Didn't realize we caught up to SJ so fast.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Damn. Didn't realize we caught up to SJ so fast.
The wins against Carolina and Washington really didn't help our tank. The Blackhawks and the Sharks have both gotten much worse too with their trades, so this'll turn into a nail-biter yet.

The fortunate news is that CBJ seems to be finding their stride. Gutsy games with some big wins against stronger opponents recently, and they still have a game in hand too.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I still think it’s going to come down to the last 2 games of the season between us, Chicago, Columbus, and possibly SJ now

Arizona is a wild card at this point. They’re terrible but a bit ahead still. And have a good amount of winnable games on the schedule.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Now, as predicted, it's really the bottom 4 of Columbus, Chicago, Anaheim and San Jose.

In the remaining 20 games, we also will pass / if

Arizona if we get 2 more wins than them
Canucks if we get 3 more wins than them

The next bunch is prob not that realistic anymore, with Habs, Philly, St, Louis being 4-5 wins away. Unlikely but not impossible given some really cold or hot streaks.
The race to the bottom is far from over, you can argue it's just the beginning.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Looking at the teams and schedules, Chicago is for sure going to finish below us. Their roster is downright embarrassing, even for a tanking team. They'll probably cap out at around 56-57 points. Columbus is now tanking with goaltending, and their schedule is tough enough to make sure they finish below us, as well. Absolutely no way their tanking moves could possibly backfire. Ahem.

San Jose is our main rival. After them losing Meier, I think the "race" for draft position will go down to the wire. Arizona is in a similar boat, but I'm hoping their 3 point lead will be enough to keep them ahead of us by a bit. Vancouver has a 5 point lead, but unfortunately we have three games against them and must crush them. Let's hope they win a lot against other teams.

Anyway, we will most likely be picking 3rd or 4th before the lottery. Should be enough to at least get one of the top 6 guys, even if the lottery doesn't go our way.

Chicago
Columbus
Anaheim/San Jose
Arizona
Vancouver

Time to cheer for San Jose and Arizona. On a completely unrelated note, I could have sworn that there used to be a vomit/barf smiley in here...

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The wins against Carolina and Washington really didn't help our tank. The Blackhawks and the Sharks have both gotten much worse too with their trades, so this'll turn into a nail-biter yet.

The fortunate news is that CBJ seems to be finding their stride. Gutsy games with some big wins against stronger opponents recently, and they still have a game in hand too.

Yeah. Reading the many comments on here of how abysmal we are kinda painted the picture we were beyond reproach that a few wins couldn't hurt. I've just been focusing on development tracking this season and concretely identified we're an overachieving bunch. Guess we've been overachieving too well. Actually, the bottom three (Ana, Clb, and Chi) have recently been overachieving that this group is now catching up to the next tier of bad teams.

We won "earned a point" last night's game while benching our top-2 centers for at least 12 minutes each. Talk about still overachieving.

Edit: Thanks, @The Midnight Burrito for catching my faux pas! Change from won to earned a point.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Four games of interest tonight:

Dallas at Chicago, currently in the 2nd period.
Minny at Vancouver, late game
Montreal at LA, late game (the first of a back-to-back for Mtl, who plays us tomorrow)
St.L at Sharks, late game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad