2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
need to make some trades ASAP. the tank has been derailed
We don't hold the hottest commodities so we won't be the first to sell. By Friday though we will trade a few, just have to let the bigger dominoes fall.

Also, just because we don't sell now doesn't mean we won't or can't before the UFA window opens. Verbeek won't let guys go for nothing, I at least hold onto that much hope

Reactions: duckpuck

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
We don't hold the hottest commodities so we won't be the first to sell. By Friday though we will trade a few, just have to let the bigger dominoes fall.

Also, just because we don't sell now doesn't mean we won't or can't before the UFA window opens. Verbeek won't let guys go for nothing, I at least hold onto that much hope

Klingberg was the only hope the ducks had to really get a good asset but that's not happening. Henrique too if he were healthy, though the market for him is probably a second round pick.

Beyond that, the ducks have scraps/depth pieces that won't return much most likely. Maybe Comtois brings back an asset in a hockey trade.

The other possibility is the ducks pick up a player in a salary dump deal (like they tried to do last year with Dadanov). That may prove to be the best pathway given the lack of value on the other assets.

Reactions: Rybread86

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Klingberg was the only hope the ducks had to really get a good asset but that's not happening. Henrique too if he were healthy, though the market for him is probably a second round pick.

Beyond that, the ducks have scraps/depth pieces that won't return much most likely. Maybe Comtois brings back an asset in a hockey trade.

The other possibility is the ducks pick up a player in a salary dump deal (like they tried to do last year with Dadanov). That may prove to be the best pathway given the lack of value on the other assets.
After the Jeannot trade I have no idea what Klingberg could get lol but I agree.

Biggest thing is just getting anything for what we have to offer.

Sell what isn't staying for whatever you can get. Maybe take a few swings on unconventional trades to bring back and drive on

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
After the Jeannot trade I have no idea what Klingberg could get lol but I agree.

Biggest thing is just getting anything for what we have to offer.

Sell what isn't staying for whatever you can get. Maybe take a few swings on unconventional trades to bring back and drive on

I think people are REALLY misconstruing the Jeannot trade. Tampa paid a steep price, but Tampa has minimum 3 years of Jeannot (pending RFA) and he will not be expensive. Likely replaces Maroon eventually.

And in terms of the assets given

Cal Foote - good young player, but not elite. Pending RFA. He hasn't been able to see the ice too much on the loaded Tampa team. And he probably wants to get paid as an RFA. Tampa has Begosian, Haydn Fleury and Prbix signed to cheap contracts for next year - in-house replacements for Foote.

Third-, fourth- and fifth-round picks in 2023 - honestly - not huge value here. Quantity, but not quality.

A second-round pick in 2024 - Decent value here. But its 2024 - so its worth less than a second round pick in 2023. Next year the 2024 second round pick gets a rental. But acquiring Jeannot now with term eliminates that need.

A protected 2025 first-round pick. Valuable, but this pick is even further out. And Tampa will still be very good in 2025 - they're loaded for the next few years and will add more depth as the cap goes up. Honestly, given how far out the pick is and how low its likely to be (given the proection), I don't think its as much as it seems like.

And that brings me to my next point. Tampa likely has real cap issues next year. Even with Killorn leaving as a UFA, big raises kick in for Cirelli, Sergachev, and Cernak.

Getting a player like Jeannot who will be an NHL regular for cheap helps a ton. they'll probably bridge him at a pretty good number.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
And that brings me to my next point. Tampa likely has real cap issues next year. Even with Killorn leaving as a UFA, big raises kick in for Cirelli, Sergachev, and Cernak.

Getting a player like Jeannot who will be an NHL regular for cheap helps a ton. they'll probably bridge him at a pretty good number.
Sergachev is a player we should look at acquiring. He is exactly what we need for our defensemen and PV should be all over Tampa with anyone not named Zegras, Terry, MacTavish, Drysdale, Mintyukov or Dostal for him.

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
homer-simpson-homer.gif

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Columbus is just trying to hang on. Peterka tattooed the crossbar and Columbus is just icing the puck over and over. Two minutes to go.

Columbus EN goal! They will win, one point behind us now.

• Love
Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad