2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
well at least the jackets got a point

sharks teardown has begun with meier heading to NJ. once they deal karlsson, it's going to be a true 4 team race for the bottom

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
3 of the next 6 are against the hawks, habs, and canucks. wouldn't be surprised at all if they win all 3

they play the caps again as well who have been dogshit lately. the tank could officially come off the rails pretty soon

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
PV signaling tank tank tank while the Ducks go on a damaging and pointless five game winning streak just seems like there’s no plan. If they’re gonna win, then support the players at least. The team has to pick a path.

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
PV signaling tank tank tank while the Ducks go on a damaging and pointless five game winning streak just seems like there’s no plan. If they’re gonna win, then support the players at least. The team has to pick a path.

The tank signal started at last year's TDL and carried through to this season. Verbeek's path for this season is development of the youth, not worry about wins and losses. We're still ranked 2nd worst team in the league. Adding some talent won't change how abysmal our roster still is. Anaheim is still on the path of suck this season with the potential of becoming worse if it can trade away D Klingberg, D Kulikov, D Shattenkirk, C Grant, and/or G Stolarz.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I don't see how we're going to out-suck Columbus or the Kane-less Hawks. Most of our games will be at home, but Jackets&Hawks have plenty of away games left. San Jose and Arizona are also going to fall, so there's a very real possibility that we'll be picking 4th or 5th pre-lottery. Seems pretty amazing with our goal differential, but here we are.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I don't see how we're going to out-suck Columbus or the Kane-less Hawks. Most of our games will be at home, but Jackets&Hawks have plenty of away games left. San Jose and Arizona are also going to fall, so there's a very real possibility that we'll be picking 4th or 5th pre-lottery. Seems pretty amazing with our goal differential, but here we are.
need to see how the team looks post TDL

if they have guys like helleson, MDZ, and andersson on D instead of klingberg, shattenkirk, and kulikov, it'll be pretty ugly. gibson's the main factor though. if he keeps playing the way he has, he's 100% going to f*** up the tank. let's hope his recent performances have been his way of saying "trade me" and not how he's going to play the rest of the season

if he's traded and you have stolarz or dostal in net the rest of the way, i'll be pretty confident in a bottom 2 finish

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
My prediction pre draft lottery is:

1. Chicago
2. Anaheim
3. Arizona
4. Columbus
5. San Jose
bold of you to think they won't fall out of the top 5

i'm prepared to end up with will smith or zach benson (neither of which would be a bad pick at all)

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
bold of you to think they won't fall out of the top 5

i'm prepared to end up with will smith or zach benson (neither of which would be a bad pick at all)

Columbus is easily better than us imo. Unless SJ trades EK, I think they are too. The only two teams that I think we might be better than are Chicago and Arizona. I think we’ll be 2nd or 3rd pre lottery

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
need to see how the team looks post TDL

if they have guys like helleson, MDZ, and andersson on D instead of klingberg, shattenkirk, and kulikov, it'll be pretty ugly. gibson's the main factor though. if he keeps playing the way he has, he's 100% going to f*** up the tank. let's hope his recent performances have been his way of saying "trade me" and not how he's going to play the rest of the season

if he's traded and you have stolarz or dostal in net the rest of the way, i'll be pretty confident in a bottom 2 finish
Shattenkirk and Gibson are unlikely to go anywhere. The only people who believe Gibson will be traded are the body language experts who have preached the same thing for years. We'll likely take whatever we can for Klingberg, but other bottom teams are losing more significant assets and will have a more difficult schedule to boot (away games for them, home games for us). Our tank is running out of gas and needs some bounces from the hockey gods.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Shattenkirk and Gibson are unlikely to go anywhere. The only people who believe Gibson will be traded are the body language experts who have preached the same thing for years. We'll likely take whatever we can for Klingberg, but other bottom teams are losing more significant assets and will have a more difficult schedule to boot (away games for them, home games for us). Our tank is running out of gas and needs some bounces from the hockey gods.
if they get a nice offer for gibson, why wouldn't they trade him?

Reactions: Deuce22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad