2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Had to hop off the last ten minutes of the game. Infuriating is right. There's seriously no point in these meaningless loser points and wins. Like any other year, fine whatever, go for your moral victories and work on a winning culture. This year, there's obviously a clear number 1 that we probably won't get. But those next 3-4 guys could still charge the rebuild that much further. Still some good options in the top ten but they're playing their way right out of that lucrative top 4. Season's shot. It's okay to give up this time around.
It’s frustrating for sure but we’re still in a good spot to receive a top 4 pick. We need San Jose to go on a bit of a run here though

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Sharks look headed for another regulation loss. Montreal lost in a shootout, so their point expanded the gap back to 7 points

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Arizona won!!! 4-1!

I was so quite at 3-0. Now it makes sense why it went 3-1... ::: grumble, grumble :::

There's a five point cushion between us and Arizona. That's a good thing b/c we're playing a Red team tomorrow.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i have a bad feeling the sharks will be the ones who end up with bedard. they have fully committed to the tank and are doing one hell of a job

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The Sharks, Hawks, and Yotes, are going to be in over their heads if they get Bedard. They are truly awful and you don’t just go shopping for top end talent like it grows on trees. We probably have the best core of young guys who can help turn this team around sooner with Bedard.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The Sharks, Hawks, and Yotes, are going to be in over their heads if they get Bedard. They are truly awful and you don’t just go shopping for top end talent like it grows on trees. We probably have the best core of young guys who can help turn this team around sooner with Bedard.
The Sharks are also saddled with several boat anchor contracts still. It’s tough to see a scenario where they compete the next 3-4 years even with Bedard honestly

I hope he ends up in CBJ if he doesn’t land in Anaheim

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We still have by far the worst GD in the league at -100, 28 worse than Columbus even, yet are ahead of 3 other teams. testament i guess of how we were just getting hammered early in the year and have been spamming OT wins and one-goal victories

Almost. We were getting hammered until over half the season was done. We actually started trading more goals around game 25 to increase our chances of getting points via wins, OTLs, and SOLs. It worked.

Goal Diff per game (65 games).png

Ducks​
Goal​
Diff​
Splits​
Set​
Games​
W​
L​
OTL​
Pts​
Pts Pct​
GF​
GA​
GD​
GD/Game​
Total​
65​
21​
35​
9​
51​
39.2%​
152​
250​
-98​
-1.51​
1 to 25​
25​
6​
16​
3​
15​
30.0%​
63​
105​
-42​
-1.68​
26 to 49​
24​
9​
13​
2​
20​
41.7%​
60​
99​
-39​
-1.63​
50 to 65​
16​
6​
6​
4​
16​
50.0%​
29​
46​
-17​
-1.06​

We've settled down a bit in our last 16 games. Most of our wins in the last 16 games came against other lottery teams, which includes the Caps when they started selling off players. We got three points from seeing them twice!

The last 16 games are still a small sample and we'll be seeing more playoff vying teams. Looking at the chart above, we got beat down hard by playoff teams.

Ducks​
Gm 50-65​
Game #​
Date​
Opponent​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Result​
50​
28-Jan​
Ari​
2​
1​
1​
Win, OT​
51​
6-Feb​
at​
Dal​
2​
3​
-1​
SOL​
52​
7-Feb​
at​
Chi​
3​
2​
1​
Win, OT​
53​
10-Feb​
Pit​
3​
6​
-3​
54​
12-Feb​
at​
VGK​
2​
7​
-5​
55​
15-Feb​
Buf​
3​
7​
-4​
56​
17-Feb​
LAK​
3​
6​
-3​
57​
20-Feb​
at​
Fla​
3​
4​
-1​
OTL​
58​
21-Feb​
at​
TB​
1​
6​
-5​
59​
23-Feb​
at​
Was​
4​
2​
2​
Win​
60​
25-Feb​
at​
Car​
3​
2​
1​
Win​
61​
27-Feb​
Chi​
4​
2​
2​
Win​
62​
1-Mar​
Was​
2​
3​
-1​
OTL​
63​
3-Mar​
Mtl​
3​
2​
1​
Win​
64​
7-Mar​
at​
Sea​
2​
5​
-3​
65​
8-Mar​
at​
Van​
2​
3​
-1​
OTL​

I'll reiterate, we're badly constructed team that overachieves to earn points.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The Sharks are also saddled with several boat anchor contracts still. It’s tough to see a scenario where they compete the next 3-4 years even with Bedard honestly

I’d feel bad for him if he goes to one of those three, but I’ll love watching Bettman squirm at watching that talent go wasted on such a horrible team.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I was looking at the Sharks' capfriendly page and their TDL acquisitions. They got a lot of 20-something players at the TDL with 21 yr old LD Mukhamadullin, 22 yr old LD Okhotiuk, and potentially 21 yr old LD Thrun. The Sharks are also waiting on forwards Bordeleau and Eklund to become NHL mainstays. Bedard could be on the same line as Eklund, but they need a big center. And if Karlsson stays this productive for the next couple of years, then who knows?

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
We have two games left against the "competition", a home game against Columbus and a road game against Arizona.

While nothing is certain it looks like we are going to end up in the bottom four. Arizona is five points ahead of us and is actually playing reasonably well (for them). I just can't figure out how SJ, Chicago, and Columbus are going to get points the way that they are playing. the problem with ending up fourth from the bottom is that there is a reasonable chance that we pick fifth. We have always dropped in the draft lottery.

We will just have to exercise patience and wait and see what happens. Even picking fifth we should get a very good, top six forward even if he is not a generational talent.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I want Bedard to end up in AZ > CBJ > CHI > SJ ... Ana

Fixed it. We all gotta focus our energy on winning the lottery!

I don't care where we end up at the end of the season b/c I still want to win the lottery and land Bedard. We haven't had a #1 pick in our history. Under Burkie, we missed out on Sid the Kid and we got the consolation prize of one Bobby "I'm coming in hot, Ottawa" Ryan. Under Murray, we've always moved down one spot (2019, 2020, and 2021). Under Verbeek, we didn't move at all at 10th overall, which breaks the cycle. Then Verbeek has become charitable in the last two TDLs to other teams, including Chicago's AHL affiliate. D Manson helped the Avs win a Cup last year. D Lindholm looks like he'll be attempting to do the same with the Bruins this season. Maybe Verbeek made a deal with the devil and this could be our shining moment. How do you top a rising offensive superstar in Zegras? Land Bedard this draft.

The NHL can have its media darling story for the west with Anaheim's Duck Tales. The rambunctious youths take on the Big Ice starring Terry as Launchpad McQuack with Zegras, McTavish, and Bedard as Huey, Louie, and Dewey! Anaheim makes the OG logo, orange reverse retros their main jersey.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
f*** Arizona. I feel for the fans but that franchise is by far the least worthy of getting a generational talent.

Sell the team and move them to Houston.
I agree but I feel like he will go to waste in AZ or at the very least won’t be a deciding factor in their future success. Every other team would be able to use him as a stepping stone but AZ will still manage to screw it up.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
We have two games left against the "competition", a home game against Columbus and a road game against Arizona.

While nothing is certain it looks like we are going to end up in the bottom four. Arizona is five points ahead of us and is actually playing reasonably well (for them). I just can't figure out how SJ, Chicago, and Columbus are going to get points the way that they are playing. the problem with ending up fourth from the bottom is that there is a reasonable chance that we pick fifth. We have always dropped in the draft lottery.

We will just have to exercise patience and wait and see what happens. Even picking fifth we should get a very good, top six forward even if he is not a generational talent.
i believe finishing 4th would mean the most they can drop is 2 spots (which would 100% happen,) so they would end up picking 6th

would for sure sting after this horrendous season, but they'd still end up with someone like smith, benson, or cristall

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
i have a bad feeling the sharks will be the ones who end up with bedard. they have fully committed to the tank and are doing one hell of a job

There is no worse roster in the league than Chicago's. I cannot see any team finishing under them pre lottery. Unless they just sit a few top guys, I'd think SJ's talent would keep them above Chicago.

I saw that Arizona's gm is doing his best to tank though. I saw they recalled some random goalie and he said "we're not going to make the playoffs so might as well see what this guy can do" or something like that. Honestly it's a smart play on his part, but frustrating that PV isn't doing the same. I really don't want to see AZ get Bedard. I'd rather see Bedard end up in Montreal over Chicago, SJ, and Arizona, and I f***ing hate when Candian teams do well.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
the defense we've been putting out there lately is just pathetically bad, haha. will it be able to 'hold up' for another 17 games?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
To avoid working, I'll rank how I prefer the teams for Bedard (of the teams in the bottom 9).

1. Anaheim
2. Columbus
3. Philly
4. St. Louis
5. Montreal
6. Arizona
7. Chicago
8. San Jose
9. Vancouver

the defense we've been putting out there lately is just pathetically bad, haha. will it be able to 'hold up' for another 17 games?

Gibson and the young kids playing well will prevent us from getting in the bottom 2 now IMO. In a way, it's a good thing the kids are progressing but obviously sucks for tanking purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad