2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the defense we've been putting out there lately is just pathetically bad, haha. will it be able to 'hold up' for another 17 games?
doesn't matter when gibson has played the way he has lately and zegras/terry/mctavish continue to put up points

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
doesn't matter when gibson has played the way he has lately and zegras/terry/mctavish continue to put up points
Yeah, it's looking pretty unlikely that the Ducks will finish in the bottom 3. 4th still looks doable and then hope for the ping pong balls to bounce in their favor.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I know everyone hates SJ for obvious reasons, but it would be cool for hockey in CA if he was there.

I'm pretty sure Ducks and Kings fans wouldn't want to see Bedard at least 4 times per regular season. As a Duck fan, I wouldn't cool with it b/c seeing Bedard on a CA team not named Anaheim makes the song "What hurts the most" by Rascal Flatts play on repeat inside my head.

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could've been
And not seeing that love in you
Is what I was trying to do
It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I'm doing it

Losing out on Crosby wasn't as painful when you didn't see him often.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'm pretty sure Ducks and Kings fans wouldn't want to see Bedard at least 4 times per regular season. As a Duck fan, I wouldn't cool with it b/c seeing Bedard on a CA team not named Anaheim makes the song "What hurts the most" by Rascal Flatts play on repeat inside my head.

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could've been
And not seeing that love in you
Is what I was trying to do
It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I'm doing it

Losing out on Crosby wasn't as painful when you didn't see him often.

I was going to like this post but can’t because you quoted that god awful song and band.

Agree with the first part though

f*** that

This is more like it

Last edited:

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Ducks will be getting Bedard...Don't be surprised.. NHL owes us this one.. And Bedard and Mctavish have history.. Selanne knows something we dont ;)

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
These games are absolute torture to watch. Bottom feeders in survival mode just clinging to the edge of the cliff with a lead trying not to fall off.

Reactions: Terry Yake

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I don't know whether to be impressed or pissed at what Montour just did. Either way, Hawks lose in OT. No matter how good the numbers may look, Mrazek is terrible.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Mrazek continues to show why he’s the worst starting goalie in the league. Perfect guy to lead a tank. I watch that play at the local Oiler games (ECHL) all the time

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad