2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Gibson has been great and goaltending is a factor, but I will also say that it is absolutely hilarious how little opposing teams seem to get up for us. These teams are flat as hell when we’re on the schedule.

Just have to hope to stay in the top-4 pre-lottery. If there’s a mathematical possibility of falling out of the top 6, I will be nervous given this organization‘s history of getting f***ed over by the draw
It's odd to be on the opposing end. Feels like we lost every trap game in our contending seasons

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
my way of coping is reminding myself how the oilers have had mcdavid for nearly a decade now (and draisaitl) and haven't done jack shit

Reactions: HunterDuck

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
my way of coping is reminding myself how the oilers have had mcdavid for nearly a decade now (and draisaitl) and haven't done jack shit
My way of coping is reminding myself that our defensive prospects are stacked as f*** and having 3 solid defensemen is going to be more important than one superstar forward... but I want that superstar forward lol

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
How do you lose to this team? How is this happening?
I'm telling you, it's the Red Jersey curse. It started on Jan 19th vs Columbus. I didn't believe it at first, but we ended up with either a win or OTL point since. Teams includes Avs, Panthers, and Caps x2. It makes no sense that we should be beating or earning points against those teams. I gave up fighting the stupid curse and just accepted we'll earn a point or two. We should have lost this game, but we unexpectedly won again. The fourth line did all the scoring... like, you can't write this up. Stupid curse!

The next games are against the Preds and Isle. I'm expecting to get blown out in those games b/c they're not wearing red!

Silver lining is that Bedard belongs to a team that wears Red. We still have a chance at winning Bedard with the lottery!

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
I wish Bettman had the Adam Silver mentality and punishes these clearly tanking teams and rewards us for being Good Boys who still try

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
If the Ducks don’t get the 1st overall, then it mind as well be the Canadians, Capitals, or Flyers…. openly favoring the big market teams and crapping on markets like ours.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
how do we have a -98 goals against by far the worst in the league, but there's still 3 teams below us in the standings. like come the f*** on lol

Chicago sold off their entire roster, Columbus has been infected with the plague, and San Jose might be getting the worst goaltending since that Colorado team that had 48 points in a season. It’s astounding to me that we’re behind Arizona given they have two legitimate NHL players and basically exist as nothing more than a bazaar for high LTIR cap hits with no salary to reach the floor (the same thing that Gary Bettman tried to get Ottawa for, but god forbid you try and call out his beloved cyst in the desert)

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm telling you, it's the Red Jersey curse. It started on Jan 19th vs Columbus. I didn't believe it at first, but we ended up with either a win or OTL point since. Teams includes Avs, Panthers, and Caps x2. It makes no sense that we should be beating or earning points against those teams. I gave up fighting the stupid curse and just accepted we'll earn a point or two. We should have lost this game, but we unexpectedly won again. The fourth line did all the scoring... like, you can't write this up. Stupid curse!

The next games are against the Preds and Isle. I'm expecting to get blown out in those games b/c they're not wearing red!

Silver lining is that Bedard belongs to a team that wears Red. We still have a chance at winning Bedard with the lottery!
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...tagline.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070529002506
1678510979553.png

• Haha
Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad