2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Arizona and Tampa still tied at zero halfway through the third. Rangers up 3-2 on Vancouver after one.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Arizona managed to get this one to OT, rangers up 5-3 over Vancouver in the second

Get that 2nd point, Arizona! And Vancouver, you got a comeback in you still! You can do it!

go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

Reactions: robbieboy3686

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Coyotes win in the shootout, officially a 1-0 score line with Connor Ingram carrying the house. Gap is 6 pending tonight's result.

EDIT: Arizona's point streak at 7, they've actually passed both San Jose and Vancouver (regulation wins tiebreaker) tonight. I've enjoyed watching them for the most part, like their team spirit.

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Definitely seems to be a top (well bottom) 3 and the rest starting to emerge.

I'd be surprised if the likes of San Jose, Arizona or Vancouver get close to us the rest of the season, especially post deadline. Sharks are a few bounces off having another 5-6 points, Arizona seems to be decently coached for their talent level and Vancouver has too much talent to be a legitimate shot at a top 3 pick pre lottery.

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Carolina up 2-1 on Montreal in the second. Winnipeg and Columbus tied 1-1 in the second.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Montreal has tied Carolina 2-2 going into the third. Columbus and Winnipeg tied 1-1 after two.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Montreal sucks but I still don’t see how we make up 11 points in 26 games on them

Columbus!

A very solid day if the Sharks can get a point or two later
I’ve said this before about something else, but it applies here. We would need to win basically 6 more games than Montreal to pass them. The way the team looks right now, it’s debatable whether we will win 6 more games total, much less 6 *more* than anyone.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I’ve said this before about something else, but it applies here. We would need to win basically 6 more games than Montreal to pass them. The way the team looks right now, it’s debatable whether we will win 6 more games total, much less 6 *more* than anyone.
Do we play Dallas again?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Sharks get out of the first period scoreless despite being outshot 14-4 by Vegas. Wonder how it must feel getting three power plays in a period like the Knights did

Reactions: Static
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad