2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I think it is safe to say that most Ducks fans will lose their minds (at least temporarily) if they finish dead last and still lose out on Bedard. Picking 2nd or 3rd will feel like a big L.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ducks lose out of #1 OA, so I'm prepared to lose my mind. The Ducks have lousy lottery luck.

Anyway, at least for now, we're #1, we're #1!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
i'd put michkov under bedard. he's the second best player in the draft in my opinion but his problem is obviously the whole russia thing

I think Bedard and Carlsson will play in the NHL next season. Fantilli may play one more year in college, and Michkov like you said becomes a dicey situation.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
They really need to move henrique and kulikov to protect dead last. Their both good defensively so the team will lose more without them.
Don't think they'll get much for shatner and klingon.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Lots of late games tonight with tank implications. The notables:

Arizona-Kings game is already over (you would think). Kings have a 5-1 lead with 4 minutes still to play in the first period. Arizona's big tank bowl is tomorrow night when they host the Blue Jackets.

Vancouver is up 2-1 over Philadelphia in the second period.

Sharks tie it up late in the first period, level 1-1 with Buffalo at the end of 20 minutes.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012

Arizona-Kings game is already over (you would think). Kings have a 5-1 lead with 4 minutes still to play in the first period. Arizona's big tank bowl is tomorrow night when they host the Blue Jackets.

Sharks tie it up late in the first period, level 1-1 with Buffalo at the end of 20 minutes.
Quick said hold my beer.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017

My my, how the turns have tabled. The Coyotes have come all the way back to tie it at 5 halfway through the third period.

Vancouver beats Philadelphia 6-2 to open up an 8 point lead on the Ducks. Sharks are tied 2-2 in the third period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad