2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Sharks come all the way back from 3-1 down and win 4-3 in overtime. They are up to 43 points, 5 ahead of the Ducks and now only one point back of Montreal and Vancouver to fall out of the top 5 pre-lottery for those of you (like myself) who don’t want them to end up with Bedard.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
really need to get the tank back on track before you have columbus and chicago running away with it

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Who is everyone's preferred 1st round opponent?

Hey I know the tank has gone off track but look who we have played the last 5 games.

I still enjoy wins but when the kids get on the scoresheet in a loss it’s still a win given our situation.

With that said and I’m happy for them but when I see Leason and Megna leading our goal scoring charge, I don’t have the same enthusiasm. Lol

But at least Lundy picked up a GW assist so happy for him and our future.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Here's our remaining schedule leading up to the trade deadline (home games bolded):

Pittsburgh
Vegas
Buffalo
LA

Florida
Tampa
Washington
Carolina
Chicago
Washington

The only game we have any business winning, on paper, is against Chicago. Out of a possible 20 total points though, I foresee us coming out of this 10-game stretch with between 5 and 10 points.

The remaining 20 games thereafter include 13 at home and 7 on the road.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Our tank not going that great, is it?

Anything except a top 3 pick is a huge fail, in my opinion... It's like our first and last season when we actually need to tank, why not do it the proper way?
some pretty tough teams on the schedule coming up so great time to get the tank back on track with some losses. need to start losing again or else columbus/chicago will start to pull away. sharks/coyotes/canucks are all right there as well

Reactions: ayrton2388

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Toronto at Columbus. Arizona visits Chicago tonight. We play the Pens.

Arizona 40 pts​
Anaheim 40 pts​
Chicago 35 pts​
Columbus 34 pts​

Here's hoping Arizona and Chicago go to OT!
They just went to ot! Tough to know who we want to get the extra point. I think given coyotes have so many remaining home games, we want Chicago to ge the extra point just so they stay a possibility to passing us?

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad