2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
yeah, finishing last is absolutely ideal but i don't see it happening with how bad chicago will be post TDL and how downright awful CBJ is. and i'm also not putting any hope in our lottery luck because no such thing exists for this franchise
I aggree with you on CBJ and CHI, I wouldn't categorize us so badly with lottery luck but I'll also add that some of the teams above us have a lot of potential to fall behind us eventually.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Odd. I don't think Gaucher possesses the speed and skating that Lundy possesses. Anaheim has assigned a skating coach for Gaucher. Also, I think Lundy's defensive acumen might be at a higher level than Gaucher's, considering Lundy was playing and learning to play defense at age 16 in the SHL, a top men's league. Plus four plus seasons in the NHL for experience.

Anyhow, Lundy is in the NHL and Gaucher has yet made the jump to the pro side. If Gaucher can create competition for Lundy, then that's great for the org. But right now, I see Gaucher as a slightly better or equal player to Groulx.
Fair sir fair

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Is there any rule that would restrict us from icing two goalies at once? I would like us to do that or ice only forwards the rest of the season. Or having our players play out of there possession for “development.” I would like some blatant tanking strategy please.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
so? most late 1st and most 2nd rounders don't even play in the league and a shutdown line is extremely important what's the problem?

Agreed.

I think Lundy has top-6 qualities, but since we have Z and McTavish at center, then we have the luxury of having Lundy at 3c. Lundy has proven that if he's given offensive wingers, then his line produces. Two years ago, Comtois-Lundy-Rakell was beyond fire. Lundy's first game back from injury, Rico-Lundy-Terry were dangerously good.

Lundy's return and having McTavish means we get to shield Zegras so he can get weaker competition to poach and score often.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Last notable before the break: Columbus gets a point out of a 4-3 OT loss to Washington. Ducks will restart 3 points ahead of both the Jackets and Hawks for last place (although the Ducks now have a game in hand on Columbus [51] compared to the two games in hand Chicago [48] has on us)

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Is there any rule that would restrict us from icing two goalies at once? I would like us to do that or ice only forwards the rest of the season. Or having our players play out of there possession for “development.” I would like some blatant tanking strategy please.
That’d be rule 5.3.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Because every first and second becomes a top sixer.
No...because most top 6F and top 4D come from the 1st and 2nd rounds. Statistics bear that out. So if you are drafting 4th line checking types in the 1st and 2nd rounds you are more than likely not going to be drafting future stars later in the draft. Are there exceptions? yes. are they rare? yes.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
No...because most top 6F and top 4D come from the 1st and 2nd rounds. Statistics bear that out. So if you are drafting 4th line checking types in the 1st and 2nd rounds you are more than likely not going to be drafting future stars later in the draft. Are there exceptions? yes. are they rare? yes.
Of course. But acting like finding a good bottom sixer or third pairing D in the late first or second is a fail is ridiculous.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Of course. But acting like finding a good bottom sixer or third pairing D in the late first or second is a fail is ridiculous.
2nd round? fine.

inside the top 25? It's a fail for a team starved for offensive talent...especially when there were better options available.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
2nd round? fine.

inside the top 25? It's a fail for a team starved for offensive talent...especially when there were better options available.

Statistics show that it's the top-10 that will bear most of the top-6/top-4 options. There's a big drop off in talent after the top-3 and top-10 in sports were drafts have 6 or more rounds like hockey, football, and baseball.

A top-10 pick isn't equal to a pick in the 20's.

Everything becomes a gamble around the 15th pick onwards. Also, it depends on the draft output as some drafts aren't so deep as others.

We've been fortunate with defensive late picks. We boasted an all drafted blue line in the playoffs with only one top-10 pick in Lindholm. Unfortunately, we suck at scouting forwards beyond the top-10. I think Palms, Rakell, Kase, and Terry are our only successes.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

McTavish is part of the tank crew?

For the watch tank!

1675771156862.png

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Praying for a loss tonight…. Y’all can hate that idea or like that idea but that’s where I’m at… this seasons a wash for me I wouldn’t mind losing every game from here on out as long as it’s 4-3,6-5 type of losses

Entertaining losses
yeah, there's no point winning games that do nothing for this team playoff-wise, this season is a wash and the only thing that matters is securing a top 4 pick

close losses+the kids playing well is all i ask for

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Praying for a loss tonight…. Y’all can hate that idea or like that idea but that’s where I’m at… this seasons a wash for me I wouldn’t mind losing every game from here on out as long as it’s 4-3,6-5 type of losses

Entertaining losses
I keep saying this until the games start... then I cheer every time the Ducks score a goal (or rather get disappointed when they blow a golden chance).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad