2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Chicago and Columbus both lose. The Ducks will enter the All-Star break third worst, the only question is by how much determined by tonight’s result in this game

Reactions: Static

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the tank has been derailed

fortunately the other cellar dwellers have also won lately so the gap isn't large at all

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I’m glad this break is happening now. Let the guys feel good about the last couple of weeks, to enjoy. And let playoff teams really play playoff hockey v us down the stretch. And if we’re lucky, GMPV will trade off before the deadline. We need the tank.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This draft is deep. For instance I think Cooley should have went #1 last year and Will Smith who will go #5 at the earliest is a similar prospect IMO. Also like Benson. Long as we are in top 6 I'll be really happy. Let the kids get some confidence we aren't going to get #1 we get f***ed every year.

Last edited:

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
We can still win the lottery and the draft is deep so not a bad thing. We do want our young guys to step up and lift the team so it is a good thing ultimately

Reactions: Kalv and Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If the team continues to succeed it will be on the backs of young core players, which...we want. Shit will fall where it falls.

Anaheim has four top-10 picks in four consecutive seasons. Adding a top-4 pick this draft year truly is icing upon icing on the cake. Even adding Michkov and waiting 3 years isn't bad because of what is already here in our forward corps, which is 1RW Terry, 1/2C Zegras, 1/2C McTavish, and 3C Lundy.

Since Lundy's return from long term injury and returning to his 2021-22 version (dynamic Lundy), our forward group has helped masked our defensive deficiencies. We should be ecstatic boasting such a youthful center group whose ages range from 19 to 22. Anaheim is 4-1 since Lundy's return.

People are forgetting that our UFA D's have been playing well recently in Klingberg, Kulikov, and Shattenkirk. It took a long while for us to figure out which D works best with Fowler. It feels like Klingberg and Kulikov finally are comfy in this system with about a month left before the TDL.

I'm fully expecting a Verbeekening 2.0, especially after seeing the youth forward group taking steps forward, which includes Jones and Comtois. I just hope we keep Rico around.

Today's win had both lottery teams earning at least one point b/c it was an OT win for the Ducks. That's a win for everyone b/c we're still in the bottom 3!

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If the team continues to succeed it will be on the backs of young core players, which...we want. Shit will fall where it falls.

We can still win the lottery and the draft is deep so not a bad thing. We do want our young guys to step up and lift the team so it is a good thing ultimately
This. On both

Even the best odds will have 75% chance of NOT picking #1. Let's keep our course.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Anybody in the top 10 makes us a much deeper team, which is vital.

But anybody in the top 4 probably speeds our rebuild up by a year if not more.

I’m mentally preparing myself to lose out on them but it would be huge if we could land even one of Fantilli or Carlsson

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg

I’m mentally preparing myself to lose out on them but it would be huge if we could land even one of Fantilli or Carlsson
I would agree, with the slight exception being the first 3, not 4 picks (just because Michkov is not available immediately).

As far as I'm concerned it's imperative to finish last and secure top 3 pick, to make the best possible outcome out of this abysmal season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I would agree, with the slight exception being the first 3, not 4 picks (just because Michkov is not available immediately).

As far as I'm concerned it's imperative to finish last and secure top 3 pick, to make the best possible outcome out of this abysmal season.
yeah, finishing last is absolutely ideal but i don't see it happening with how bad chicago will be post TDL and how downright awful CBJ is. and i'm also not putting any hope in our lottery luck because no such thing exists for this franchise

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I would disagree with getting a top-4 would speed up the rebuild process by a year or more. The top-10 in this year's projected mocks have been all forwards. Anaheim seems to have their 1C-3C set for the next decade with Zegras, McTavish, and Lundy. We also have 1RW in Terry. Getting a top-10 or even a top-3 forward is great, but it doesn't resolve the void of top talents on our blueline.

What can speed up the process of the rebuild is if a couple of our defensive prospects are NHL-ready next year. We can't count on Drysdale because his development stalled because a season ending injury at the start of the season. A huge contingent of defensive prospects should be making their way to the pro level next year, all at different levels of development. The 2019 class, NCAA: LD/RD LaCombe and LD Thrun. The 2021 class, CHL: LD/RD Zellweger and LD Hinds. The 2022 class, CHL: LD Mintyukov. Right now, I don't see a true 1D in the bunch.

Just like everyone else, I want Bedard. Yet, it's the unknown on our blueline is the main factor in determining how fast or slow the rebuild we be.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I would disagree with getting a top-4 would speed up the rebuild process by a year or more. The top-10 in this year's projected mocks have been all forwards. Anaheim seems to have their 1C-3C set for the next decade with Zegras, McTavish, and Lundy. We also have 1RW in Terry. Getting a top-10 or even a top-3 forward is great, but it doesn't resolve the void of top talents on our blueline.

What can speed up the process of the rebuild is if a couple of our defensive prospects are NHL-ready next year. We can't count on Drysdale because his development stalled because a season ending injury at the start of the season. A huge contingent of defensive prospects should be making their way to the pro level next year, all at different levels of development. The 2019 class, NCAA: LD/RD LaCombe and LD Thrun. The 2021 class, CHL: LD/RD Zellweger and LD Hinds. The 2022 class, CHL: LD Mintyukov. Right now, I don't see a true 1D in the bunch.

Just like everyone else, I want Bedard. Yet, it's the unknown on our blueline is the main factor in determining how fast or slow the rebuild we be.
I don’t see a world lundy is our long term projected 3c with Gauchier in the pipeline

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don’t see a world lundy is our long term projected 3c with Gauchier in the pipeline

Odd. I don't think Gaucher possesses the speed and skating that Lundy possesses. Anaheim has assigned a skating coach for Gaucher. Also, I think Lundy's defensive acumen might be at a higher level than Gaucher's, considering Lundy was playing and learning to play defense at age 16 in the SHL, a top men's league. Plus four plus seasons in the NHL for experience.

Anyhow, Lundy is in the NHL and Gaucher has yet made the jump to the pro side. If Gaucher can create competition for Lundy, then that's great for the org. But right now, I see Gaucher as a slightly better or equal player to Groulx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad