2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Maybe i'm looking too much into it, but i did find it odd that they took so long to pull Dostal. Feel like Eakins is usually pretty aggressive with the extra man, and they could've been 2 up obviously

Reactions: LiveLaughDucks

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This really is a huge win (through a loss) for the future of this team. Players might be bummed but this was the ideal outcome.

Who got on the scoresheet and looked good tonight was huge for the future. Happy with the outcome. Saw competitive hockey, and our kids looking good. Just hope Mac is ok.

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
Getting dead last is great and all, but what’s more agonizing? Getting dead last and then being punked at the lottery by a random team like Philly or Montreal jumping out of nowhere,

Or getting loser points?
:huh:

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Maybe i'm looking too much into it, but i did find it odd that they took so long to pull Dostal. Feel like Eakins is usually pretty aggressive with the extra man, and they could've been 2 up obviously
I get not pulling your goalie too early with a power play because it adds so much incentive for your opponent to just launch it down the ice. i think there's some strategy to establishing control and tiring the PK out a little bit to ensure that you maintain control before pulling your goalie.

or eakins is in on the tank.

Getting dead last is great and all, but what’s more agonizing? Getting dead last and then being punked at the lottery by a random team like Philly or Montreal jumping out of nowhere,

Or getting loser points?
okay we can't whine over every outcome here lol... let's just go as low as possible and then let fate take over

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
I get not pulling your goalie too early with a power play because it adds so much incentive for your opponent to just launch it down the ice. i think there's some strategy to establishing control and tiring the PK out a little bit to ensure that you maintain control before pulling your goalie.

or eakins is in on the tank.

okay we can't whine over every outcome here lol... let's just go as low as possible and then let fate take over

My point was actually along those lines. Not worth it to obsess this much if you end up getting jumped by ping pong balls at the end anyway.

Hockey Gods take the wheel

Reactions: DuckDuckGetz

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Or getting loser points?
Any other year, the answer is easy. When finishing last can guarantee you the second choice between Fantilli or Carlsson, I could give a shit if the 75% odds trigger and we don't get Bedard. It would suck, but the odds in favor of dropping are overwhelmingly higher.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1 more game folks, one more F’ing game.
I hope he is, I'm banking on seein him in the World Championship live :laugh:
Saw Rico and Comtois 2 years ago, it was awesome

To be honest, Like Mac to take a nice long summer break and get ready for next season. Dude has played so much hockey the last year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
1 more game folks, one more F’ing game.

To be honest, Like Mac to take a nice long summer break and get ready for next season. Dude has played so much hockey the last year.
Yep, same here. I just think if he looks at how long is the offseason (no dev camp for him), he might feel like giving a WC a go. Idk of course, but wouln't surprise me if he goes

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yep, same here. I just think if he looks at how long is the offseason (no dev camp for him), he might feel like giving a WC a go. Idk of course, but wouln't surprise me if he goes

I just hope they can start turning the ship next year. Just hoping for .500 hockey all season. But need help from within and outside the organization.

Really don’t want to go through another tank season.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Been rooting for Buffalo to make playoffs. Feel like that is a team that has been bad for so long and finally getting out from Eichel changed the world.

It would be amazing if Jackets can beat Pens and somehow Isles lose to Canadiens. We improve our Bedard / draft odds and at same time as Buffalo shows us what next year or two might look like :).

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Chicago’s win was extra special for me today. My father, who’s not in the best health, is a massive Blackhawks fan. He’s retiring at the end of this month and one of his company’s biggest vendors got him vip tickets for tonight’s game. He sat on their bench during warmup too. Toews is his favorite player and he knew it’d be the last time he get to watch him live, so he was hoping for a win (though he admitted he’d have been fine with an L). He was beaming when I spoke with him on the phone. Just awesome on multiple levels for me. Sorry for the long, personal, post.
I hope that they win again the next game :naughty::laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Been rooting for Buffalo to make playoffs. Feel like that is a team that has been bad for so long and finally getting out from Eichel changed the world.

It would be amazing if Jackets can beat Pens and somehow Isles lose to Canadiens. We improve our Bedard / draft odds and at same time as Buffalo shows us what next year or two might look like :).
Now that you mention it, with Buffalo statistically eliminated and four games in five days, pretty strong chance the Blue Jackets can nab at least an OT point. They do that and we lose in regulation to LA and we get 32nd.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I just hope they can start turning the ship next year. Just hoping for .500 hockey all season. But need help from within and outside the organization.

Really don’t want to go through another tank season.
Same. I'm not interested in going through this again. Regardless of who is available in the draft. There's a grab bag of potential franchise players this year, we need to start building a winning culture after we put our hand in that bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad