2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
terry fine, but there is zero reason to put henrique back in there for these last handful of games. just flat out dumb

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I can understand it from Henrique's perspective. He probably wants to be able to tell himself he can play without his leg falling off and not have to worry about it all offseason.

Hopefully it's that simple, and he really isn't in full attack mode, and is just gonna take a few spins around the ice and not play like his life depends on it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I can understand it from Henrique's perspective. He probably wants to be able to tell himself he can play without his leg falling off and not have to worry about it all offseason.

Hopefully it's that simple, and he really isn't in full attack mode, and is just gonna take a few spins around the ice and not play like his life depends on it.
I’d suspect he’s trying to set an example for the youth, showing them how important it is to tough through things for the team.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Obviously all winnable but Edmonton is still fighting for a higher playoff seed with LA nipping at their ass and vis versa. Colorado is looking to clinch the division while currently tied with Minnesota. Unless these teams decide they don't give a shit about seeding, they'll be looking to us for easy points. Vancouver and Arizona are the only teams that give me pause. Vancouver looks like they're still playing for pride so they should be able to win. Arizona is just a massive toss up.

I'm starting to feel confident that San Jose won't pass us again but 31st and 32nd are still up in the air.
My point was only that they can win any of the 5. Too many people keep saying that they can only win game x or game y or whatever. They are all winnable even though I don’t expect them to win them all. They can get hot, they can stay cold. Who knows what the hell this team will do.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My point was only that they can win any of the 5. Too many people keep saying that they can only win game x or game y or whatever. They are all winnable even though I don’t expect them to win them all. They can get hot, they can stay cold. Who knows what the hell this team will do.
Dostal's play would inspire a lot of confidence in a competitive season. Wrong kind of confidence right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad