2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
He's only playing home games while his wife is expecting a premature (or maybe just early) birth.
Speaking from a Personal experience.. Chances are the baby's position is not ideal and the doctors are monitoring closely.. Which means his wife needs to be in one position most of the day lying down.. They are probably waiting for the doc to call in the emergency c section.. It happened to my sister.. Terry needs to take the rest of the year off. Family comes first...

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
already worried about the coyotes game. let's hope OEE is in net for that one

Seinfeld No GIFs | Tenor

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Pretty sure OEE isn't going to sniff the net unless Gibson has something that lingers another few days. Probably looking at Dostal Saturday for a confidence boost and Gibson Sunday to take the shellacking from Colorado if he's good to go.

Well I was 30 seconds too soon :)
yeah he's definitely not in the cards - hasn't been at any point and won't be an option to finish off.

the Ducks are a classy org., i really do wonder if other teams, if they were in the same spot as we are, would put a goalie like OEE out there. Ducks have been very reluctant to use him over the years, and aren't going to now, even when it makes the most sense.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah he's definitely not in the cards - hasn't been at any point and won't be an option to finish off.

the Ducks are a classy org., i really do wonder if other teams, if they were in the same spot as we are, would put a goalie like OEE out there. Ducks have been very reluctant to use him over the years, and aren't going to now, even when it makes the most sense.
check out the goalies columbus has been icing recently

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Wouldn't call it reluctance to use him, the guy just has not been good since getting to the pro level, there's no reason to think he's an option at the NHL level. These are his pro stats (GP, GAA, SV%)

1680807318658.png

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012

Coyotes have both Vejmelka and Ingram, two not great but at least passable NHL goalies, and they’ve started a rookie with terrible AHL stats the last two games. And they left him in both times, even though he gave up 7+ in each.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Being in last for this many days has ramped up the "Ducks are gonna shoot themselves in the foot to try to end the season on a high note" pessimistic anxiety for me.

I'm not expecting more than two wins, and I really think Chicago and San Jose have it in them to get a couple more points but I can just see it now that we can all look back and point to the last few days as "that one time we could've guaranteed ourself Carlsson or Fantilli and we f***ed it up for pride."

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Coyotes have both Vejmelka and Ingram, two not great but at least passable NHL goalies, and they’ve started a rookie with terrible AHL stats the last two games. And they left him in both times, even though he gave up 7+ in each.
yeah, my theory is they just operate differently than some teams

Wouldn't call it reluctance to use him, the guy just has not been good since getting to the pro level, there's no reason to think he's an option at the NHL level. These are his pro stats (GP, GAA, SV%)

View attachment 682727
reluctant to use him precisely because he's terrible and i think they believe it wouldn't be right to him as a person to put him out there with this team.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
yeah, my theory is they just operate differently than some teams

reluctant to use him precisely because he's terrible and i think they believe it wouldn't be right to him as a person to put him out there with this team.
In that they forgot to look at the standings for months, got real happy for Keller and the boys pulling off big wins, then checked their lottery odds and kicked the tank into overdrive?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017

View attachment 682727

I wasn't alive for the 80s, but I don't think I've ever seen that high a GAA for someone who had semi-regular playing time. That's just... wow.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It is what it is. They’re not outright tanking(putting ECHLers out there for the last week). But they have definitely made a lot of moves(and keeping Eakins is one of them) that have put them in contention for a top 3 pick. Just have to hope they don’t blow it these last 4 games. So far it’s worked fine

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It is what it is. They’re not outright tanking(putting ECHLers out there for the last week). But they have definitely made a lot of moves(and keeping Eakins is one of them) that have put them in contention for a top 3 pick. Just have to hope they don’t blow it these last 4 games. So far it’s worked fine
So far. A single win can mean the difference between an A+ prospect and a B+ one (Bedard is S grade in this example)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We're gonna f*** it up :cry:

This team is cooked. On top of the bad defense, they cannot score now(I mean not like they were really before). The only game I think they can win is against Arizona, maybe Vancouver. Colorado and Kings still playing for something.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This team is cooked. On top of the bad defense, they cannot score now(I mean not like they were really before). The only game I think they can win is against Arizona, maybe Vancouver. Colorado and Kings still playing for something.
I agree. But two wins can f*** it all up.

Idk. I think I just need to disinvest myself of hoping we can lock in a top 3 pick. The prospect of getting a rebuild changing player is too exciting and I'm too anxious about it not happening. I think I'm just gonna watch a ton of Will Smith game tape.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
It is a three way race for the bottom, with San Jose realistically out of reach. At this point this is the most interested I have been in watching the standings during the entire season.

Of course, all that the final standings impact is the ping pong ball chance of picking in a particular position. Obviously Bedard is the big prize, but I would be happy with Carlsson, Fantilli, or even Smith. Given the world situation I want nothing to do with any Russian at this point in time. We need talent too much to take a gamble on what may or may not happen with Russian players.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I agree. But two wins can f*** it all up.

Idk. I think I just need to disinvest myself of hoping we can lock in a top 3 pick. The prospect of getting a rebuild changing player is too exciting and I'm too anxious about it not happening. I think I'm just gonna watch a ton of Will Smith game tape.
yeah, just brace yourself to end up with smith or benson. that's what i've done and while both seem to be great prospects, fantilli/carlsson/michkov are all just better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad