2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Arizona also has one of the best records at home in the league, so hopefully that gives them an edge. They're still terrible though obviously, so anything can happen.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Perrault Tracey and or regenda 2 of them need to be called up and “ put in a position to succeed “ in the top lines while the top line playwrs they replace are healthy scratched. All the while “ player development was always the main goal of the season and a couple of kids get to come up and get a chance for success” etc

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Watching this Toronto-Columbus game reminds me why I will never cheer for a Canadian team to win the cup. They may as well be screaming “GO Leafs!”

Still remember Friedman looking like his family just got murdered after the comeback in Katella.
Please tell me you have a link.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Perrault Tracey and or regenda 2 of them need to be called up and “ put in a position to succeed “ in the top lines while the top line playwrs they replace are healthy scratched. All the while “ player development was always the main goal of the season and a couple of kids get to come up and get a chance for success” etc
I was kind of thinking about these late stage wins from top lottery teams and contextualizing them to Anaheim almost pulling a win or loser point against Calgary. I'm wondering if there's a late season surge from players who are seeing that their fans are rooting for losses and the players and coaches want to show they'd never lose on purpose. I can see that muddying things up especially if these playoff teams start coasting. But then again Colorado, Minnesota, Edmonton, and LA are all within striking distance of the top spot in their respective divisions, so I would think they'd keep pushing for home ice advantage.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
The confusing/frustrating thing for me is why they don't do the picks live like they used to. I don't like that they come out with all the picks already made, it's weird.

Reactions: Vipers31

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Is there any trade scenario which is good enough for trading 1st overall for two 1st rd picks?
Lets say, Hawks 3rd and 21st? Or Yotes 5th and 12th?
The Coyotes would have to give me the 5th+12th+Cooley+Guenther+2024 1st unprotected +2 2nds

And I still might say no. Bedard is that good

Chicago doesn’t even have the talent to get it close to done

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
can they just call up OEE to start the rest of the season? that'd be awesome

Seinfeld GIFs | Tenor

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I mean, it's not like it would be unprecedented. Arizona called up some scrub with a 3+ GAA from the AHL who has started their last 2 games, even though they have two healthy NHL-level goalies on their roster. Guy has given up 7 goals and 8 goals in the last two games. And no one is questioning them.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I mean, it's not like it would be unprecedented. Arizona called up some scrub with a 3+ GAA from the AHL who has started their last 2 games, even though they have two healthy NHL-level goalies on their roster. Guy has given up 7 goals and 8 goals in the last two games. And no one is questioning them.
We have a game against them. They better get their lip readers ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad