2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The Arizona game is the one that gives me worry. The rest are almost guaranteed loses unless the opposing team rests players.
they'll for sure end up winning at least one of the coyotes and canucks games

now would be a perfect time to shut gibson down for the rest of the season

Be honest with yourself, even if we finish last, there's absolutely no way you believe we're really winning the lottery.
of course not. but securing a top 3 pick would be massive

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Lose out and we guarantee a top 3 pick. No more f***ing around boys
it really is just that simple haha. i mean really us losing this position would be like a football team who just has to kneel on each down to win the game deciding not to and subsequently throwing an interception and losing the game.

it's time to submerge, we've come this far and only have a week left. would be infuriating if they blow this.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
they'll for sure end up winning at least one of the coyotes and canucks games

now would be a perfect time to shut gibson down for the rest of the season

of course not. but securing a top 3 pick would be massive
I feel like the Canucks always beat us. But who knows, that's why you play the games.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
not even getting my hopes up. you just know vezina candidate gibson will show up these next handful of games and vatrano will keep scoring

still going to brace myself for picking 6th
you know they'll put Henrique in as soon as he can play as well

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
henrique isn't going to be the one who ruins the tank. it'd be gibson, dostal, or going off his recent performances, vatrano
you never know. Rico is more than capable when healthy of pushing them to a win on a given night with a random goal. who knows what kinda shape he's in right now tho i guess.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
it really is just that simple haha. i mean really us losing this position would be like a football team who just has to kneel on each down to win the game deciding not to and subsequently throwing an interception and losing the game.

it's time to submerge, we've come this far and only have a week left. would be infuriating if they blow this.
Or run the ball against the Patriots to win the Super Bowl……

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
is it an unreasonable ask for the team to sit guys like Gibson, Terry, Rico, Mctavish and gibson for the season?
Gibson is so good sometimes you'd swear there were 2 of him.

Terry is the only one who might have an NHLPA problem with being sat, because he would probably like to pad his stats a bit for his contract. Although with his wife's situation, he also is the most reasonable one to shut down for the remainder of the season.

Reactions: 405Entrance

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Still think we wind up 3rd pre lottery. 0 doubt in my mind chicago winds up with 1st overall regardless of where they finish in the standings. 0

Reactions: lwvs84

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The Ducks have 3 winnable games remaining in addition to a prime upset possiblity against Edmonton tomorrow.

Reactions: Kalv

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
it really will be interesting to see how the Kings play in that final game if everything is set in stone for them at that point.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Sharks battle back from 3-1 down to tie it at 3, despite the fact that Chris Lee has spent the majority of this game acting like he doesn't want to officiate it.

Reactions: Mr Rogers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad