Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I don't think he had a bad season with Ajax. I think Ajax had a bad season, but I thought Timber was a bright spot (@Ajacied let me know if I'm wrong)
You are right. Ajax was awful. Not sure anyone had a real good season, but Timber was usually decent. The season putt a dent in most of the players transfer worth, but Timber will still go for 50+. One of the better all-round, especially ball playing CB’s out there.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You are right. Ajax was awful. Not sure anyone had a real good season, but Timber was usually decent. The season putt a dent in most of the players transfer worth, but Timber will still go for 50+. One of the better all-round, especially ball playing CB’s out there.
Timber having a subpar year is only natural given that Ajax were gutted. To me he’s still the better talent between him/martinez. Once ETH gets a whiff of a deal brewing I’d be shocked if he didn’t try and hijack it. Timber will be sold for a lot more than 30 imo.

Reactions: Ajacied

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Timber having a subpar year is only natural given that Ajax were gutted. To me he’s still the better talent between him/martinez. Once ETH gets a whiff of a deal brewing I’d be shocked if he didn’t try and hijack it. Timber will be sold for a lot more than 30 imo.
Bayern has had rumored interest in the past as well, and with Lucas and Pavard on the way out...

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
With all the rumors about Saudian ready to throw bunch loads of money at star player. I am VERY surprised to not have heard about any interest from them for Mohamed Salah...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
With all the rumors about Saudian ready to throw bunch loads of money at star player. I am VERY surprised to not have heard about any interest from them for Mohamed Salah...

He's not as devout as some and I think maybe if he moved there that would be a problem. The amount of money required to do it would also be otherworldly massive, like a world record fee.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's funny reading BVB fans arguing over whether Nmecha is too much of a jesus-freak for them to pursue. He's made some very religious comments, but compared to the bible-thumpers playing sports in the USA, the kid might as well be agnostic :laugh:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It's funny reading BVB fans arguing over whether Nmecha is too much of a jesus-freak for them to pursue. He's made some very religious comments, but compared to the bible-thumpers playing sports in the USA, the kid might as well be agnostic :laugh:
It is so funny because when I watched the NFL draft. When they interviewed the player after they were selected every single one of them started by thanking god. I thought it was a running gag at some point. Like every single interview of the players present at the draft, not one missed. I thought it was funny.

Reactions: cgf

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It is so funny because when I watched the NFL draft. When they interviewed the player after they were selected every single one of them started by thanking god. I thought it was a running gag at some point. Like every single interview of the players present at the draft, not one missed. I thought it was funny.

Bros think they're running for president or something

Rice, Timber, Havertz.

Pleasing.

Can you please convince me regarding Havertz. I saw how we freed the Jesus, I want to believe, but I'd feel a lot better about it if it was at least a bargain basement signing

If even you're saying he's better than Martinez, then I agree we should just pay up quick and not dick around. Unfortunately dicking around is in our genes

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Spurs will not pay the 40 million asking price on Raya.

Also, Lloris MIGHT go to the MLS. His wife owns a "high end" girls clothing line and it may help her business and years ago he said he would like to play in the US.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Bros think they're running for president or something

Can you please convince me regarding Havertz. I saw how we freed the Jesus, I want to believe, but I'd feel a lot better about it if it was at least a bargain basement signing

If even you're saying he's better than Martinez, then I agree we should just pay up quick and not dick around. Unfortunately dicking around is in our genes
Havertz has always been very talented at ball retention, progression, and creativity. He makes really good late runs into the box, which is something that Arteta’s system rewards. I think he could be like Aaron Ramsey. I also think that Chelsea is going to have to negotiate unless KSA really does bail them out in the next 10 days. There’s been a lot of talk but not a lot of action on that front.

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Did they put him through updated medicals?

I’ll never understand how you would agree a deal for a season in the future, watch the guy get injured and then let it go through like it’s nothing.
It’s fine. If he blows his knee out, they can break even by moving him to the Saudi League. Problem solved

• Haha
Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad