Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Neves going to Al Hilal for 55 million. Only 26 years old and going for the money already.
Take that money all day if i'm Wolves. I cannot imagine trying to get excited for a game in Saudi Arabia... players might be getting paid well but they will need to dig deep to find motivation..

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
I believe Lampard was not loaned to Man City from NYCFC. It was a separate contract altogether for the 2014 season as NYCFC's first year in MLS was 2015

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I believe Lampard was not loaned to Man City from NYCFC. It was a separate contract altogether for the 2014 season as NYCFC's first year in MLS was 2015
Indeed, that was the mechanic that the City Group used to make it happen. He was announced in Spring 2014 to be joining NYCFC. Then that fall, it was announced he’d play for Man City until January - it was presented as a loan. Come January, it became known that it was a separate contract with City, which was then extended to the end of the season. Then he went to NYCFC.

It was a loan in all but name (and was presented as such until it ceased to be convenient for them), but was actually a sneaky workaround.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Indeed, that was the mechanic that the City Group used to make it happen. He was announced in Spring 2014 to be joining NYCFC. Then that fall, it was announced he’d play for Man City until January - it was presented as a loan. Come January, it became known that it was a separate contract with City, which was then extended to the end of the season. Then he went to NYCFC.

It was a loan in all but name (and was presented as such until it ceased to be convenient for them), but was actually a sneaky workaround.

1.) From a technical standpoint he signed at City and was never contracted to NYCFC until the next year

2.) He was signed on a free so the idea of using NYCFC to launder the transfer fee isn't relevant.

3.) He wasn't paid insane wages at NYCFC so the idea of using NYCFC to launder the wages isn't relevant.

I'd agree that loans from clubs controlled by the same groups shouldn't be allowed (and I'd ban the multi-club model entirely, but that's a different discussion), but there's a clear difference between Lampard in 2014 and what would be happening to Neves in 2023 if indeed they attempted to loan him back to the PL.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Miami owner teasing 3 signings. Along with Messi rumors are Alba on a TAM deal and Busquets as a DP.

Also, Griezman has been talking up playing in the US for a while. Though I think it’s gonna wait until he is a free agent.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
[beIN SPORTS Türkiye] "It seems difficult for Fenerbahçe to get Arda Güler to stay. Ajax is the strongest candidate in signing him."

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Timber would be a coup. But yeah Ajax are selling at that price, it would take closer to 50 like Lisandro.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

I can understand the temptation at that price. I actually have been wondering if they go after Pedrosa at all.

Darder is a good player. 10M€ for him much better than 55M€ for Neves

Rice, Timber, Havertz.

Pleasing.

Great signing if it goes through. Exciting summer if you get those 3. If I'm arsenal I'm not dicking around and just paying the 50 they request

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Reactions: maclean

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Rice, Timber, Havertz.

Pleasing.

Omg, omg, omg.

Not every deal and rumour has been perfect, but still, I gotta respect the players that Arsenal has targetted. Trossard, Jesus, Jorginho, Vlahovic, Mudryk, Viera, Odengaard, and Zinchenko have all been quite successful.

The only bad ones have been the younger ones like Lokonga or Tavares.

Last edited:
Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Was just going to post this. No deal has even gone through yet but the other clubs are quick with wanting that shit shut down. Good on them.
It won't do shit. The PL waved the PIF through, they're not going to stand in their way now. These cases are almost impossible to "prove", anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad