HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If we get Carlsson and Bedard you bury Gally, cost of doing business. And then you buy him out when necessary vs. the cap.

Agreed. I would not see a problem. By the time Bedard exits his 3 year ELC, Gallagher has 1 year left. You won't need cap space in those 3 seasons.

A buyout out on Gallagher with one year left is a $3.8M cap hit for 26/27 and $1.3M cap hit for 27/28. Manageable but hard to predict what the cap will be then, what our overall cap structure looks like, and also what Bedard does in his 1st 3 years and what his contract after that would look like.

At that stage, we would likely be a contender and if you had to trade a 1st with Gallagher to unload him, you can do that too.... if you run into cap issues.

After Caufield is signed, who is the next guy to get a big contract? Dubois? Slaf? Dach? I think the guys on D are bridged and the prospects we have at forward right now will also be bridged after their ELC.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is great man
FIVE teams behind us only 3 points or less back
If we get lucky with SJ we can be bottom 5 by next WEEK baby

Then we just gotta stay the course and we just might get the gem we need to move forward with everything
Excited man lol
I got my fix for wins and youth shining lmao, now it's time for the real bidness baby

Going to be hard to catch the Ducks, Blackhawks, Blue Jackets, Coyotes.

5th is possible and I do see us in that waive. Sharks, Habs, Flyers, Sens, Blues, Sabres, Preds, Canucks. Most of those teams in our waive will be thinking lower pick as well as time moves forward.

.432 wining % from last year with MSL would put us with the 6th pick today. All 67 games with MSL is .463. I say we land around .450%

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think we'll end up close with San Jose and Philly for 5th-7th pre lotto

A lot of you are going to have your ears ring if we get the 7th pick and win the lottery. I'll be here talking about it over and over again and some of you will be like...

giphy.gif

I've been saying bottom 5-10 or bottom 8-12 range all summer long and I'm not budging. If I had to pick one number, I'm taking the 7th spot.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Going to be hard to catch the Ducks, Blackhawks, Blue Jackets, Coyotes.

5th is possible and I do see us in that waive. Sharks, Habs, Flyers, Sens, Blues, Sabres, Preds, Canucks. Most of those teams in our waive will be thinking lower pick as well as time moves forward.

.432 wining % from last year with MSL would put us with the 6th pick today. All 67 games with MSL is .463. I say we land around .450%
No, we won't catch them
We've already won too many games to cost us Bedard and Fantilli and that's fine
But we can get a real shot at one of these other gems, in fact, we have no choice we HAVE to get one of these guys
Or this is all for nothing essentially

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Really curious to see what our TDL activities will look that year, especially to see if we can manage to move some vets.

I get that they’re being “showcased” but I hope it won’t have been for nothing in the end.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
A lot of you are going to have your ears ring if we get the 7th pick and win the lottery. I'll be here talking about it over and over again and some of you will be like...

I've been saying bottom 5-10 or bottom 8-12 range all summer long and I'm not budging. If I had to pick one number, I'm taking the 7th spot.
Yeah, my range coming into the year was 3-8, I figured Arizona and Chicago would be locked in to the basement but didn't expect Anaheim and Columbus to be this bad too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, my range coming into the year was 3-8, I figured Arizona and Chicago would be locked in to the basement but didn't expect Anaheim and Columbus to be this bad too.

Every season comes with unknowns. Last year was a complete mess in many ways. Injuries and poor team confidence/momentum were two big factors. It's not the same this season but if someone like Suzuki or Caufield goes down for a long stretch, it will derail it more no doubt.

Could be the 5th pick or could be the 10th pick. 2/3 of the season to go.

I'm a bit superstitious... Back to back drafts where last place wins the lottery. I really do think someone from the 3-8 range wins one or both of the lotteries this year.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
No more red wine for you.

I wonder who needs to cut off booze. The person expressing a probability (whether it's 1% or 5%, it's still a probability) or the one acting like a 1% probably equals an impossibility?

I even hinted on the probability being extremely unlikely, hence the surprise heart attack reaction.

I hope you feel better though

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder who needs to cut off booze. The person expressing a probability (whether it's 1% or 5%, it's still a probability) or the one acting like a 1% probably equals an impossibility?

I even hinted on the probability being extremely unlikely, hence the surprise heart attack reaction.

Smoke a J and it becomes less hostile :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Redux91

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's the one trying to get back at me for some slight i can't remember.

I smoked like 15 min ago 🤣

I'm always mellow, no matter what people pretend. I just like arguing.

I don't like arguing but I also am stubborn so you know all about that. :laugh:

Still at work till 5... J O'Clock is coming soon.... poker night!

I actually like the expos theme to the jersey. I disliked the darker ones more.

I actually prefer if the 3rd Jersey was black with a new logo. Our Jersey is so historic that you either leave it alone or come up with a very different concept for the 3rd Jersey.

Black with a H in the middle for Habs. Make the H look like the Stanley Cup :naughty:

I love the Expos and that logo/colors. However, I don't like the Habs talking on that as a Hockey team.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

I meant, I drank all the wine, so no more for you.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I think the sooner they trade Savard or Edmundson (more than likely), the faster we drop. The rookies on D have been playing fantastic hockey, but will tire out very quickly as the season moves along without the vets.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Marty will play Dadonov-Dvorak-Armia on the PP until Slaf-Bedard-Fantilli learn how to play even strength hockey first

Some fans think Suzuki started in the NHL as a top 2C and full time on the PP at age 20 and want Slaf to be pushed up at age 18 after 1/3 of the season. :facepalm:

With Caufield, MSL gave him the opportunity and allowed him to be creative but lets not kid ourselves, there were other things MSL asked Caufield not to do and he listened/performed to it.

Barron shows some offensive promise last season and fans pencil him in on our roster where they also say "Guhle needs to play AHL to develop Properly". Didn't end up that way.

Moral of the story is every player has different development challenges. MSL understand this better than most.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Some fans think Suzuki started in the NHL as a top 2C and full time on the PP at age 20 and want Slaf to be pushed up at age 18 after 1/3 of the season. :facepalm:
Nobody is upset with Monahan (Evans for now) and Anderson as his current linemates, but relying on the likes of Drouin/Dadonov/Armia who collectively have 2 goals over Slaf on the PP and 6 on 5 is silly.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nobody is upset with Monahan (Evans for now) and Anderson as his current linemates, but relying on the likes of Drouin/Dadonov/Armia who collectively have 2 goals over Slaf on the PP and 6 on 5 is silly.

I'm going to let MSL do his job. The only weird area for me is Dadonov getting more opportunity over Pitlick. But it's not a thing I will dwell on cause it's meaningless to our future.

Goals and Points
vs
Eye Test and Puck Management

Galchenyuk had a 30 goal season but never figured out the puck management area well. This is where MSL is focusing with Slaf. Learn puck management first and they he will let him loose offensively

Reactions: HabzSauce

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If we Draft Carlsson and Bedard, you have to go for a center so that Beck is your 4th AND if Dubois bites, but that's a nice to have.

Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
Slaf - Carlsson - Bedard
Dubois - Couturier - Mesar
Rohrer - Beck - Jackeye

Roy - Kidney - Farrell (it's been a LONG time since our 5th line could be this good)
Not sure if you're joking or not but if we get Carlsson and Bedard, you don't trade for Dubois or give a guy like Couturier money. If by some miracle you can keep that top 6, you use the money for defense help and goaltending since your bottom 6 will essentially need to all be ELCs.

I'm going to let MSL do his job. The only weird area for me is Dadonov getting more opportunity over Pitlick. But it's not a thing I will dwell on cause it's meaningless to our future.

Goals and Points
vs
Eye Test and Puck Management

Galchenyuk had a 30 goal season but never figured out the puck management area well. This is where MSL is focusing with Slaf. Learn puck management first and they he will let him loose offensively
Not really sure what you're getting at. MSL is not playing his best players on the PP or when he wants to try and score goals to win a game when he's prioritizing the three guys who collectively have 2 goals over the 1st OA with 4 goals primarily playing on the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad