London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
Heard that knights are kicking tires on
quentin musty.
Would be a nice replacement for Cowan

I am very impressed with 77 Mitchell. He skates incredibly well, sees the ice wnd makes a good first pass, handles pressure and uses his small frame to box out players. I think the Hunters found a gem with this pick. Love to see him make the team…I’d take him ahead of Fagan and Jenken (even with his experience he got last year).
Agreed he is going to be Bonk level maybe even better!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Would be very expensive. Must not be expecting cowan back or were told he wasn't coming back
with any trade here I assume Hawery would be involved because that would be a guy they’re interested in.could be looking at next year- 19 year old years for guys like villeneuve and Walton. If it’s picks they’re interested in- they have a ton already but teams like Kingston, Brantford, flint probably have more than London.

Maybe a package could work around Hawery, Nicholl and picks? Sudbury probably needs younger bodies more than picks at this point with their stocks full. And this would be a way for London to get a HUGE upgrade obviously while still not selling all your picks away and trading the first round picks like you guys sometimes do sometimes.

One thing for sure though- Cowan, musty and Barkey would be the best line in the CHL EASILY

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
with any trade here I assume Hawery would be involved because that would be a guy they’re interested in.could be looking at next year- 19 year old years for guys like villeneuve and Walton. If it’s picks they’re interested in- they have a ton already but teams like Kingston, Brantford, flint probably have more than London.

Maybe a package could work around Hawery, Nicholl and picks? Sudbury probably needs younger bodies more than picks at this point with their stocks full. And this would be a way for London to get a HUGE upgrade obviously while still not selling all your picks away and trading the first round picks like you guys sometimes do sometimes.

One thing for sure though- Cowan, musty and Barkey would be the best line in the CHL EASILY
I think someone else said this- Hawery did not wish to report to any team but london. Not sure if it's true or not but I still would refuse to trade him. Got lots of other young prospects that could be traded

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Please explain...what is a double game misconduct?
I am assuming it is because Boulton removed his own helmet. The rules changes years ago that you cannot remove your own helmet. I suspect a suspension of 1-2 games will accompany that penalty.

After watching 2 pre-season games in person, people should be putting Johnston higher on their depth chart. He is going to be a big contributor this season. He is physical and has a nose for the net. He has 5G 3A in 3 games so far.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
With that kind of performance last night from this young and depleted London Knights, has to make Dale rubbing his hands, and Mark scratching his head. No matter what the final roster will be Dale will be happy, who does Mark send off or trade will be a difficult task on hand for him. They have enough talent on hand to make two lineups and still finish in the middle of the pack.

JUST SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT
As fans we find ourselves to be bias for our favourite team(s), I respect the hard work on hand for OHL referees and as I am trying not to be too critical here, given the abuse they are receiving from the fans across the league. In general I personally am fairly happy with their work, usually it's the league I go after, they are the rule makers. Referees & Linesmans have a set a rules to follow put out by the league, but sometime it is still left to refs discretion on who should be penalized. Maybe I didn't see the calls properly, I saw a angry Sarnia team tired of being beaten on the scoreboard going after a younger London Knights team with some rage. Didn't Franceschetti skated 25-30 feet to confront Boulton at the side of the net, Boulton got called for instigator (?), they were right on the fighting calls and the helmet infraction thoughts. Didn't we see an angry Andersen from that same team mould over Bidgood, while he was trying his very best just to get away from Andersen. I know this was a meaningless game, I hope these refs reviews some of their calls with their superiors. I hope this is not habit for them to take and trying to even out games, I mean how often do you see an losing angry team getting 3 1/3 times less penalized to a more happier group. It is important for calls to be made correctly as much as possible, officials too needs to work on their own development in order to move up to professional leagues. IMHO ( don't chew me up too much, I just put this up for discussion) Cheers!

Last edited:

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
With that kind of performance last night from this young and depleted London Knights, has to make Dale rubbing his hands, and Mark scratching his head. No matter what the final roster will be Dale will be happy, who does Mark send off or trade will be a difficult task on hand for him. They have enough talent on hand to make two lineups and still finish in the middle of the pack.

As fans we find ourselves to be bias for our favourite team(s), I respect the hard work on hand for OHL referees and as I am trying not to be too critical here, given the abuse they are receiving from the fans across the league. In general I personally am fairly happy with their work, usually it's the league I go after, they are the rule makers. Referees & Linesmans have a set a rules to follow put out by the league, but sometime it is still left to refs discretion on who should be penalized. Maybe I didn't see the calls properly, I saw a angry Sarnia team tired of being beaten on the scoreboard going after a younger London Knights team with some rage. Didn't Franceschetti skated 25-30 feet to confront Boulton at the side of the net, Boulton got called for instigator (?), they were right on the fighting calls and the helmet infraction thoughts. Didn't we see an angry Andersen from that same team mould over Bidgood, while he was trying his very best just to get away from Andersen. I know this was a meaningless game, I hope these refs reviews some of their calls with their superiors. I hope this is not habit for them to take and trying to even out games, I mean how often do you see an losing angry team getting 3 1/3 times less penalized to a more happier group. It is important for calls to be made correctly as much as possible, officials too needs to work on their own development in order to move up to professional leagues. IMHO ( don't chew me up too much, I just put this up for discussion) Cheers!
I watched Anderson on Bidgood and even penalties on this was crazy...seemed liked...ahhh who cares? Good observation.

Reactions: sbpointer

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
After watching the game last night there is no doubt London will be ridiculously good.

Johnston and Van Gorp took huge strides in the off season and are the real deal. I thought it was a fluke until I saw it with my two eyeballs.

Hawery is full marks, looks like a solid first rounder.

Medvedev came out of position but was athletic enough to make up for it and keep the shutout streak going for him, really like what I see.

Boulton has a spot on this team, you saw the frustration boiling in Sarnia last night and you want a guy like Boulton on the bench to keep teams in line. His speed looks to be improved over the summer and he doesn’t have bad hands.

As for those that I need to see more from, at the top of the list is Fagan. He impressed me more last year and didn’t look great last night. Out of position and lack of intelligence with the puck, hopefully it’s a small sample but now I have Caleb Mitchell taking his spot.

This team will look totally different next week. Until then let’s beat up Sarnia one more time.

Reactions: sbpointer

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020

I saw boulton skate hard to the front of the net with the play dead and perhaps make slight contact with the sarnia goaltender (no replay). That was the instigating that set the sequence off. No need for it but a Boulton is gonna Boulton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad