Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This is sure to make people happy...

Mookie Betts' return to Fenway Park on Friday Night is an Apple TV exclusive.
I think we're going to get rain. It might be washed out. My 9 year old nephew has tickets to go.

I hate these apple TV exclusive games. I don't have it. And I'd like to watch it.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ok get
I think we're going to get rain. It might be washed out. My 9 year old nephew has tickets to go.

I hate these apple TV exclusive games. I don't have it. And I'd like to watch it.
I got Apple don’t have Peacock

Sox split would be huge

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Loyal NESN subscribers who follow the Red Sox all year may be in for a surprise when they attempt to watch the Sox at Fenway Friday night in Mookie Betts’s first Boston appearance since the Sox dealt him to the Dodgers in 2020. The game will not be on NESN. It will be broadcast on Apple TV+.

MLB is in its second year of a seven-year, $85 million-per-year deal to stream Friday night games on Apple TV+.

“We always like to have our games on NESN,” said Red Sox CEO Sam Kennedy. “But we also recognize that we are part of a broader ecosystem, so having our games shown outside of the territory is good for baseball and for the Red Sox.
“We recognize that it’s important to grow the game globally and with regional audiences, so we’re part of a bigger picture here.”

Good. I don't want to see his return anyway. Already tired of his bullshit about how he wanted to stay here. Yeah, he wanted to stay here, but only if they gave him more than Trout.

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Good. I don't want to see his return anyway. Already tired of his bullshit about how he wanted to stay here. Yeah, he wanted to stay here, but only if they gave him more than Trout.
Yup

8/200 two years away and 10/300 one year and he said no

I’m not sure he would have taken 13/400

Reactions: EverettMike

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s now completely contradicting his own words from a couple of years ago so yeah, I don’t believe Mookie Betts. He just doesn’t want to be thought of as the guy who priced himself out and left. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

You deserved to get paid big bucks! I’m happy you’re happy in LA! You don’t have to lie, that’s how you lose me

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Nice - Urias good player

Love the pickup

Would not surprised 550 PA 25 homers 60 EBH 10% BB rate and 260 -275 AVE

Urias is a beast - built

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think if was JD about Verdugo- I like him, he’s a bit mercurial but he’s pretty talented both batting and fielding

He should be able to give you 15/60 HR/EBH and a 114-120 OPS+ and 4 WAR

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He’s now completely contradicting his own words from a couple of years ago so yeah, I don’t believe Mookie Betts. He just doesn’t want to be thought of as the guy who priced himself out and left. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

You deserved to get paid big bucks! I’m happy you’re happy in LA! You don’t have to lie, that’s how you lose me
I've been saying it since the very beginning, Mookie clearly didn't want to stay in Boston and wanted to go a city that was a better cultural fit for him - and there's nothing wrong with that nor the way he handled it. He wasn't a malcontent and didn't demand out. He just played out his deal quietly until they couldn't reach an extension and the team opened trade talks. That was his right and nobody is upset.

But he's really image conscious and has spun it the whole time to make it look like he wanted to be here but the team wasn't giving him a fair deal when that's not true at all. He didn't want to live through his 20s and 30s and raise his kids in Boston, but he also doesn't want to be looked at like a Roger Clemens who Red Sox fans hate for leaving. He's trying to have it both ways.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Ah here we go with the Mookie bashing
I love Mookie, and I wish him nothing but the best.

I'm just not at all interested in hearing Mookie -- or anyone else for that matter -- rehash what did or didn't happen or why it should or shouldn't have happened.

What's done is done. The who, what, where, when and whys are beyond irrelevant at this point.

After this weekend, we can hopefully all move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad