Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Leave it to a member of the PPG to say Casas has no plate discipline.

Totally delusional. Coming from the group who gave you such big hits like “The Japanese league has more talent than the MLB” lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Totally delusional. Coming from the group who gave you such big hits like “The Japanese league has more talent than the MLB” lmao
Yesterday when they were saying the well-under-.500 Mets and Padres were more respectable than the over-.500 Red Sox because they're "trying to win" might've been peak delusion.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Yesterday when they were saying the well-under-.500 Mets and Padres were more respectable than the over-.500 Red Sox because they're "trying to win" might've been peak delusion.
Not a single person said this. Seriously. There is a huge problem in this thread and it's not with the people everyone thinks.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
When every time a player goes up to bat, he has a 1 in 4 chance of striking out...that's not a good sign of plate discipline. He's not terrible, but the percentages could be better. Now @EverettMike, you are correct that Casas has 56 walks which is excellent. It's in fact, tied for top 10 in the AL. Casas also has over 100 strikeouts and has a WAR of 1.3 to show for it. Not great, but not terrible either. Just...meh. Ideally, Casas should be looking to draw more walks and work more favorable hitters counts. If he can drag down the strikeout percentage to below 20%, which I would imagine he should be able to do by next year or even 2025, then the Sox should be fine. That's not something unrealistic to ask of Casas either. Every high level power hitter first baseman learned to pull down strikeout totals and strikeout percentages by working counts at the plate to get more favorable hitters counts to be even more effective as a hitter. If you can't do that at an MLB level, your days at playing first base are numbered.

And with that, I think we can agree.

Actually, the exact opposite is true.

When he was looking to walk more he was an under .200 hitter with not much production. His tremendous improvement has come from looking to drive balls rather than watch them.

On the last point, yes we finally agree on something.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1692746576673.png

Reactions: EvilDead and BMC

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Why don't you actually address what I said rather than behaving like a catty school girl, talking about people behind their backs? God you're pathetic.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Another poor start/shoddy defense. Just showing this team's glaring weaknesses. I would consider DHing Devers right now. It's gotta be in his head at this point. Can Turner play anywhere in the field?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If you saw that clip of Devers in the dugout, I think it's clear it's in his head. I wouldn't classify him as an a-hole but that's just me. Dude cares and knows it's killing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad