Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
To my credit (yes I am patting myself on the back) I actually took the time to hit a few extra buttons and put on my AppleTV subscription. Only reason we got it was to watch Ted Lasso. Now that show is over but MLS is on there so I'll keep it. Put the kids to bed and my wife already turned it off to watch Below Deck. So now the question is do I have the energy to try it in the basement when I can guarantee it's not logged into AppleTV down there. I don't think it's gonna happen.

I do like that Apple allows you to listen to the local radio
wait a minute, is this actually a thing? you can sync it up with the Red Sox radio broadcast? Now that does intrigue me.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Story has been impressive at SS. I didn't expect that, arm strength doesn't seem like an issue at all. The range is great. He passed the eyeball test and then I looked up fangraphs and the advanced metrics like his D as well. He's already at .6 after only 8 games.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
yes all synced up
Yes

IMG_0796.jpeg

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The Bloom pen still sucks! I was enjoying this.
Funny I am brainwashed by you they suck I assumed you were correct

Then a couple of days ago after Whitlock gives up the homers to Washington, MLB Network show talks next day how Sox bullpen is this after 6 innings like 60-3 with lead, saves converted on and on are one and one of best bullpens in league - three guys discuss how Bloom did this great job lol

The whole time I’m thinking they suck because I’m listening to you

• Haha
Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ok now this is cool
Johnny not right thread but Scarnecchia 100% agreed with you on joint practices way more important and valuable than games as I argued - that’s twice this week I’ve done a 180 to agree with you on a topic

Scarnecchia on WEEI on Thursday’s and is fantastic if anyone wants to go to their vault or whatever and listen to 15 minutes of some good stories and insight

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bloom and Cora are probably safe as NYY has imploded and they are almost forced to clean house.

1692417147009.png

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Because Whitlock gave up a meaningless HR that would be an out in every non mickey mouse RF?

5K and mid 90s FB with control is a great sign.
Not to mention the “hit” before would be an out with a solid defensive 3B. If people are critical of that outing you know they are boxscore watching or don’t know ball. Either/or

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Because Whitlock gave up a meaningless HR that would be an out in every non mickey mouse RF?

5K and mid 90s FB with control is a great sign.
His velocity is down two to three miles an hour but I was talking cant close Bernardino. Bloom, I hate that incompetent, gutless waiver wire trash picker more than liver and creamed corn with a side of lima beans.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bloom and Cora are probably safe as NYY has imploded and they are almost forced to clean house.

View attachment 737125
No matter who they bring in everyone will hate them so might as well just hate the guys we have materiel on

The problem going forward is starting pitching

Bloom supposedly went after Eflin and Anderson

I’m not paying Stroman 25 M plus

The logical move was always keep the 2 guys here Wacha & Eovoldi on 2-3 year deals

Most of guys Bloom went after hit big so far - yoshida, Martin, Turner, Paxton, Jansen

Bogaerts letting go looks wise and Story defense so far been what he was in Colorado- arm looks good

Urias was a great get - liked him a lot in Milwaukee and I love that thinking - he’s young has very good power and can play both second full time and better then Devers at 3B

Had Bloom passed on Kluber and kept Eovoldi and or Wacha - I believe that they are minimum 12 over now and ahead of Toronto and going after Tampa

Anyone criticizing the trade deadline doesn’t know squat - they turned over 20 -24% of roster in 3 weeks since deadline with Urias and 5 guys who WERE expected and had to/did come back

The issue was a cooked Kluber and going with 3 (Sale, Whitlock, Paxton) guys with arm issues over 2 guys you had here who performed and fit in Wacha & Eovoldi who were ready to take 2-3 years and affordable

That’s the F up

But firing him is dumb

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Anyone criticizing the trade deadline doesn’t know squat - they turned over 20 -24% of roster in 3 weeks since deadline with Urias and 5 guys who WERE expected and had to/did come back

The issue was a cooked Kluber and going with 3 (Sale, Whitlock, Paxton) guys with arm issues over 2 guys you had here who performed and fit in Wacha & Eovoldi who were ready to take 2-3 years and affordable

That’s the F up

But firing him is dumb
I believe @Donnie Shulzhoffer would like a word

Getting guys back from injury is great but the point would be it doesn't appear like that is going to lead to anything substantial. If they go on some crazy run and make the playoffs then Bloom will be proven right. But if they stay in this constant 2.5-4 game hole then that is proof the team needed even more to get over that hump. It's not just a criticism for not buying at the deadline either. If this team stays in this constant wild card hole then you have a valid argument that Bloom should have actually sold. I believe that is what @Mr Cartmenez has argued.

Right now I don't have a definitive opinion on firing him or not. When the season is done I might look back and say he did just enough to prove things are improving at the big league level. But if they do completely fall out of this during the tough schedule coming up, to me that is plenty evidence to support firing him. He's not the only dork who knows how to improve a prospect pool. That is one part of the job. And it should always be secondary to actually winning games. I am confident they could find someone else who could come in and build off the solid farm they have by making better moves to support the big league team. The Red Sox can aim higher than Chaim Bloom.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Eovaldi has dead arm again (surprise surprise) so even if he did accept the better offer the red Sox made at the start of free agency he still wouldn’t be helping them at the moment. Certainly would have been nice to have him over Kluber for the starts Kluber made, and I’m sure they feel like that too seeing as how they made Eovaldi a bigger offer than what the rangers did. I certainly didn’t see Kluber completely losing his command, usually you have that until you retire. It’s the other stuff that goes.

I don’t think they ever had interest in bringing Wacha back for multiple years- I’m especially not giving a guy who can’t and hasn’t topped 130 innings since 2017 (!!!!!) a 4 year deal.

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Seattle on a tear, Houston stable as Houston goes probably to another WS appearence and Tampa with too much depth to fold are probably locks for the WC. Toronto will fall behind the pace and Sox don't have the pitching

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
E14BC510-C88E-44DD-B0E9-67BF7B0F5164.jpeg

MVP MVP MVP

Edit: Schanuel with a hit and a BB in his first game, maybe he can hang already!

Last edited:
Reactions: GatorMike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad