Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Just keep doing what you can control. Just keep winning.

Screenshot_20230723_231042_Twitter.jpg

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Absolutely. The Sox should beat this mess of a Yankees team.

And this ‘balanced schedule’ is most definitely a rivalry killer too.
The schedule has nothing to do with big market teams being in mediocre

I didn't hear Yankee fans complaining when they kicked the shit out of us for years.
I didn’t either. But it used to be a battle of first place

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Devers leads the team in slugging, OPS and 2nd in WAR (despite his bad defense). Which is why I never cared about his defense to begin with. If the GM is competent he will start implementing Devers at DH and find someone who can play 3rd base. Year one of this contract has been a success.

By the way, for Verdugo to be at a 3.1 WAR with very little power tells you he's played a mean RF this year. It doesn't seem like the organization is that fond of him but I would be perfectly fine with him in RF for a few more years. He's a decent enough complimentary piece. I just don't think the power will ever be there.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Devers leads the team in slugging, OPS and 2nd in WAR (despite his bad defense). Which is why I never cared about his defense to begin with. If the GM is competent he will start implementing Devers at DH and find someone who can play 3rd base. Year one of this contract has been a success.

By the way, for Verdugo to be at a 3.1 WAR with very little power tells you he's played a mean RF this year. It doesn't seem like the organization is that fond of him but I would be perfectly fine with him in RF for a few more years. He's a decent enough complimentary piece. I just don't think the power will ever be there.
Did someone hack your account with this Analytical crap?

They have good pitching. They have good hitters.

They don’t have baseball players

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Did someone hack your account with this Analytical crap?

They have good pitching. They have good hitters.

They don’t have baseball players
Well I am really just happy that Devers is producing like he normally does so I don't have to hear about how the Red Sox shouldn't have signed him and that they shouldn't give out contracts like that. I was just stunned to see Verdugo with a 3.1 WAR. I don't reference that stat a lot but it stood out.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Well I am really just happy that Devers is producing like he normally does so I don't have to hear about how the Red Sox shouldn't have signed him and that they shouldn't give out contracts like that. I was just stunned to see Verdugo with a 3.1 WAR. I don't reference that stat a lot but it stood out.
For the record, I'm not opposed to the Red Sox handing out huge contracts.

I like Raffy.

I'm glad he's on the Red Sox.

He's not the guy they should have signed to that kind of deal.

They guaranteed $315 million to a .280/.350/520/.870 guy who's a bad defender and should probably be moved to DH in the near future. The idea of paying a DH $30+ million/year is ridiculous and a poor piece of business, in my opinion.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
For the record, I'm not opposed to the Red Sox handing out huge contracts.

I like Raffy.

I'm glad he's on the Red Sox.

He's not the guy they should have signed to that kind of deal.

They guaranteed $315 million to a .280/.350/520/.870 guy who's a bad defender and should probably be moved to DH in the near future. The idea of paying a DH $30+ million/year is ridiculous and a poor piece of business, in my opinion.

is there anybody you would pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad