Patriots/NFL 2023 Regular Season - 1-4: Week 6 @ Vegas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not arguing any of that. I knew it would get twisted.

You...are....moving.....the...goalposts...

For the 18th time, you said mac jones was the only qb in the league to not have a legit #1 wr. Not entire corps.. one guy. To support your claim, now you are admitting you are including guys who MIGHT become a #1 or were one in the past.

Devante parker had a 1200 yd season with 9 tds pre pats.....but I can't include him I guess.

Juju 1450 and 7. Can't count him.
I'd never consider either of those guys 1s though.

Juju is a shell of himself. Parker is actually a good #2, but he's getting doubled.

Reactions: Mione134

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Not arguing any of that. I knew it would get twisted.

You...are....moving.....the...goalposts...

For the 18th time, you said mac jones was the only qb in the league to not have a legit #1 wr. Not entire corps.. one guy. To support your claim, now you are admitting you are including guys who MIGHT become a #1 or were one in the past.

Devante parker had a 1200 yd season with 9 tds pre pats.....but I can't include him I guess.

Juju 1450 and 7. Can't count him.

if only Mac had Tyreek Hill and a super team lol can say that about any QB

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Other than Tyreek, who does Miami have on offense? Waddle when he's not hurt is a great WR. That's a 1-2 punch.

He has Braxton f***ing Berrios lmao and he was HERE. It goes to show you one star can change it all.

Reactions: EvilDead

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1696420024725.png

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

By that logic, couldn't we say the "progress" Tua Tagovailoa made these past couple of years is fake and that it's not him but the two all time receiver talents around him making the plays? Can we say that Tua is a passenger and Waddle and Hill are carrying him on their backs?

I'm not opposed to arguing that as the case btw.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Mac should be performing better given he has a competent OC, Matt Gesicki alongside Hunter Henry, and some slight improvements at wide receiver. Doesn't mean shit though if the O-Line sucks and the top of the depth chart guys can't get enough separation in time for the QB to make his reads. And for all the talk of the blowhards like Zolak and co saying this past week "Don't extend Mac Jones. Get someone else," and people who agree with them I then have to ask whose the replacement? It ain't Bailey Zappe after the terrible offseason he had. It won't be Caleb Williams, because he just released a shortlist of teams he will play for and the Pats aren't on it, so if the Pats are the first team up to take him he's bolting back to college. So are the Pats gonna go dumpster diving for Carson Wentz or another veteran JAG? Might as well have drafted Zaven Collins then at 15 instead of Mac Jones. Because lord knows defense is what wins in this lea...oh that's right it doesn't anymore because the NFL Rules Committee is only interested in tipping the balance in favor of the QB.

Sorry for the tangent, but my God.

Time to embrace the suck...again.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Mac should be performing better given he has a competent OC, Matt Gesicki alongside Hunter Henry, and some slight improvements at wide receiver. Doesn't mean shit though if the O-Line sucks and the top of the depth chart guys can't get enough separation in time for the QB to make his reads. And for all the talk of the blowhards like Zolak and co saying this past week "Don't extend Mac Jones. Get someone else," and people who agree with them I then have to ask whose the replacement? It ain't Bailey Zappe after the terrible offseason he had. It won't be Caleb Williams, because he just released a shortlist of teams he will play for and the Pats aren't on it, so if the Pats are the first team up to take him he's bolting back to college. So are the Pats gonna go dumpster diving for Carson Wentz or another veteran JAG? Might as well have drafted Zaven Collins then at 15 instead of Mac Jones. Because lord knows defense is what wins in this lea...oh that's right it doesn't anymore because the NFL Rules Committee is only interested in tipping the balance in favor of the QB.

I think he is done in Boston just like predicted Bloom. Fans have had enough of last place teams being shoved in our faces and being told how great it is

Reactions: rfournier103

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Zolak should know what suck looks like, he's the poster child of suck. The guy talks like he's in the HOF

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
By that logic, couldn't we say the "progress" Tua Tagovailoa made these past couple of years is fake and that it's not him but the two all time receiver talents around him making the plays? Can we say that Tua is a passenger and Waddle and Hill are carrying him on their backs?

Tuo has progressed and throws a much better ball than Mac.

did you notice how stafford turned this kid Nacua into a reception beast. Would Mac ever make a player like that better? nah he needs a superteam apparently.

capecodder

Jan 16, 2020
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but Howie Long on the Fox show said Mac just isn't the guy. That crew seems to be pretty good judges of talent imho.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Tuo has progressed and throws a much better ball than Mac.

did you notice how stafford turned this kid Nacua into a reception beast. Would Mac ever make a player like that better? nah he needs a superteam apparently.

I give Stafford no credit for Nacua developing as an offensive player. That's completely down to Sean McVay getting the most out of a player, Stafford included. Additionally, while Mac Jones isn't near the talent level of Stafford by any stretch of the imagination, it can't be stressed enough how much damage was done in terms of his development and confidence by not giving him a competent OC and offensive line in year two and instead just giving him Matt Patricia who was using the Denny's menu as a play sheet with an O Line constructed out twigs, twine, prayers, and broken dreams. This team has built so heavily around defense first, that it has neglected to put cornerstone offensive line pieces to replace the ones who left four years ago. All the while forgetting the fact that Dante Scarnecchia isn't coaching up the O-Line anymore. Now Klemm could be a good O Line coach and he may need more time, but can the man making personnel decisions in Belichick actually draft where it's important to get talent now?

I think he is done in Boston just like predicted Bloom. Fans have had enough of last place teams being shoved in our faces and being told how great it is

Jones probably isn't going to last and it's a damn shame. I think he had the ability to be a good QB. Jones's inability to play through adversity, his inconsistency in crunch time, the struggle to shake off a JAG in Bailey Zappe at the first sign of trouble, the lack of quality roster building from the out of touch head coach/GM to ease the burden on the QB, Robert's shrewdness with the check book, and the hiring of two offensively illiterate bobos in Matt Patricia and Joe Judge in year two were the combination of causes for Mac's run in New England being a failure so far.

Reactions: GabeTravels

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I give Stafford no credit for Nacua developing as an offensive player. That's completely down to Sean McVay getting the most out of a player, Stafford included. Additionally, while Mac Jones isn't near the talent level of Stafford by any stretch of the imagination, it can't be stressed enough how much damage was done in terms of his development and confidence by not giving him a competent OC and offensive line in year two and instead just giving him Matt Patricia who was using the Denny's menu as a play sheet with an O Line constructed out twigs, twine, prayers, and broken dreams. This team has built so heavily around defense first, that it has neglected to put cornerstone offensive line pieces to replace the ones who left four years ago. All the while forgetting the fact that Dante Scarnecchia isn't coaching up the O-Line anymore. Now Klemm could be a good O Line coach and he may need more time, but can the man making personnel decisions in Belichick actually draft where it's important to get talent now?

Jones probably isn't going to last and it's a damn shame. I think he had the ability to be a good QB. Jones's inability to play through adversity, his inconsistency in crunch time, the struggle to shake off a JAG in Bailey Zappe at the first sign of trouble, the lack of quality roster building from the out of touch head coach/GM to ease the burden on the QB, Robert's shrewdness with the check book, and the hiring of two offensively illiterate bobos in Matt Patricia and Joe Judge in year two were the combination of causes for Mac's run in New England being a failure so far.

lol no credit for Stafford, he throws him ball where he can catch it. make excuses for Mac but the whole world sees that noodle arm and looks forward to facing it. congrats to him for beating out Zappe for the starter job and putting the Pats 1-3

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
LOL. Bill really does love his old players when they are being paid by someone else. What a joke.
I mean, there is plenty to crap on belichick for, but I don’t see how this is one of them. They have had a rash of injuries at cornerback, and traded for one who had success here in the past and can probably play right away and knows the defense.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
with Gonzalez out for the year they needed to do something

Happy to see one of my fav Pats players of the last handful of years back. Would be hilarious to see him ball out after being bad for the chargers. Not re-signing him was perhaps the best move Bill has done that I disagreed with

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The questions will mount when they are 1-3 after this week.

I honestly think a big part of this is Staley is an awful coach. I know Jackson was hurt so I am not sure where he is physically but if you put him back in New England I bet Bill could get something out of him. Yes that is me giving Bill some credit.
Here we go!

I do think when you make a move like this maybe that hints at the pressure really being on Belichick to salvage this season. He won't be able to survive a bottoming out.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
lol no credit for Stafford, he throws him ball where he can catch it. make excuses for Mac but the whole world sees that noodle arm and looks forward to facing it. congrats to him for beating out Zappe for the starter job and putting the Pats 1-3

Do you not remember the amount of times Stafford gagged games away and did f*** all to make the receivers around him better in Detroit? I do. I remember it vividly.

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Do you not remember the amount of times Stafford gagged games away and did f*** all to make the receivers around him better in Detroit? I do. I remember it vividly.

did you see Marvin Jones and Golden Tate had career years with stafford. Ever heard of Cooper kupp?

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

As a Dolphin fan, who has watched every game this year, I can tell you the truth lies in the middle. Tua has a very weak arm, and average pocket presence. However, his reads, command of the offense and release have improved tremendously.

Reactions: EvilDead

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
As a Dolphin fan, who has watched every game this year, I can tell you the truth lies in the middle. Tua has a very weak arm, and average pocket presence. However, his reads, command of the offense and release have improved tremendously.

Guess which current Pats TE looked pretted good with Tua throwing the ball too and we are told now stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad