Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm just expecting this to drag out until winter weekend when all of a sudden BAH GAWD KING THAT'S DAN DUQUETTE'S MUSIC

But instead of Dan, it's actually Bobby V in his iconic disguise from when he got thrown out in the Mets game but threw this on in the dugout. :laugh::sarcasm:

bobby-valentine-mets.gif

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It's pretty sad nobody was the GM job.

I'd use a different word: embarrassing.

They've got some good building blocks on the roster, farm has been rebuilt, and the payroll has been cleaned up. It should be one of the most desired jobs in baseball. But it isn't, because FSG has absolutely crushed their reputation.

Reactions: Mione134

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I truly don't get the sense fans are the ones driving this. I don't think there is some great connection to Cora where fans would be outraged if he was fired. Most understand the concept of hire a lead baseball guy and let them decide on the manager. It's really Sam Kennedy/ownership who are fascinated with Cora. Without being there behind the scenes I couldn't tell you what they think separates him from any other baseball manager.

I agree.

I could not care less if they replace him, provided they replace him with someone decent. I also could not care less if he’s back, provided they give him a good team to work with.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I agree.

I could not care less if they replace him, provided they replace him with someone decent. I also could not care less if he’s back, provided they give him a good team to work with.
On McAdam's podcast, he indicates that keeping Cora around doesn't seem to be as much of an issue with potential candidates as being forced to keep other members of the front office.

Reactions: sarge88

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
On McAdam's podcast, he indicates that keeping Cora around doesn't seem to be as much of an issue with potential candidates as being forced to keep other members of the front office.
Like who? That’s the puzzling part. There‘s got to be more going on that we aren’t privy to. That‘s too good of a job to be this hard to fill. There’s gotta be some kind of ownership stink flying around that’s keeping people away. That’s the only explanation I can come up with…

Reactions: Johnnyduke

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Like who? That’s the puzzling part. There‘s got to be more going on that we aren’t privy to. That‘s too good of a job to be this hard to fill. There’s gotta be some kind of ownership stink flying around that’s keeping people away. That’s the only explanation I can come up with…
I'm not sure if candidates are objecting to keeping anyone specific in the Red Sox' front office as much as they don't like the idea that they won't be able to bring in their own people to fill key roles.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

If she ends up with the Red Sox I would say these reports about "nobody wants the job!!!" are complete BS. Because she did a good job with the Marlins. If she declined the option she clearly has a job lined up somewhere else. Her resume as an actual lead team builder blows Chaim Bloom's resume out of the water. I would be satisfied if this happens.

And I also need this to happen to hear neanderthal sports talk callers rip on the hire being a woman and I also need to hear them try to pronounce the name.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA

If she ends up with the Red Sox I would say these reports about "nobody wants the job!!!" are complete BS. Because she did a good job with the Marlins. If she declined the option she clearly has a job lined up somewhere else. Her resume as an actual lead team builder blows Chaim Bloom's resume out of the water. I would be satisfied if this happens.

And I also need this to happen to hear neanderthal sports talk callers rip on the hire being a woman and I also need to hear them try to pronounce the name.
Playing Devil's Advocate, but...

The Marlins finished with a run differential of somewhere in the neighborhood of -60, and made the playoffs largely on the strength of an unsustainably good 33-14 record in one-run games.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

The Marlins finished with a run differential of somewhere in the neighborhood of -60, and made the playoffs largely on the strength of an unsustainably good 33-14 record in one-run games.
It's still the Marlins though. If you win games with that franchise you're doing something right. I'll take that over Chaim Bloom.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
It's still the Marlins though. If you win games with that franchise you're doing something right. I'll take that over Chaim Bloom.
Again, Devil's Advocate...

In her three seasons, she won 67, 69, and 84 games. And in her 84 win season, her team's statistical profile looked more like a 76-win team with absurdly good luck.

Reactions: Mr Cartmenez

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I wonder what she could do with an extra 90M in payroll.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Again, Devil's Advocate...

In her three seasons, she won 67, 69, and 84 games. And in her 84 win season, her team's statistical profile looked more like a 76-win team with absurdly good luck.
OK so then who should they be targeting? If we're going to nitpick what is actually on her resume with a garbage franchise I think you're setting yourself up to be severely disappointed with whoever they hire. If everyone in baseball thinks Chaim got a raw deal maybe the Marlins should hire him now. The Marlins winning 67 and 69 games in their constant state of rebuilding isn't a surprise.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's the fact that they churn through execs very quickly, simple as that.

I mean think about it, since Theo left, they've won 2 WS, and are searching for their 4th GM in 14 seasons.

Couple with the fact that ownership can't decide which path to take, and making the incoming GM inherit established people in their roles instead of letting them bring in their own staff?

Totally see why it's not as attractive as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad