Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nice job of running the bases like a Little leaguer there Atlanta. Baffling Pillar didn't score, he could have walked home on the wild pitch

Reactions: sarge88

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Never let anyone tell you firing Dombrowski was necessary or the right move for a big market team like the Red Sox. Complete nonsense.
1697167183737.png

Reactions: Johnnyduke

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My 12 year old self wouldn’t agree with (or even understand this) but, more often than not you don’t need to be the best team to win a WS.

You just need to be the the best playoff team for about 3 weeks out of 28.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Phillies are the least repulsive of the Philadelphia sports teams, but a Philly team winning anything is really down on my list of things I want to see happen, so hopefully Arizona knocks them out.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nice job of running the bases like a Little leaguer there Atlanta. Baffling Pillar didn't score, he could have walked home on the wild pitch

And it cost them the game, because runner would have scored easily on the 1 out fly ball in the 9th if it was a 1 run game

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Braves were clearly the best team this year. This format must go.
I'd have loved to have seen these two teams play a full 7 game series, but I don't think the Braves have much of a claim that it was the format's fault when Ranger Suarez beat Spencer Strider clean twice. Sitting for three days didn't ruin them, they were a good team but just had a tough matchup against probably the second best team in the whole playoffs.

I'm rooting for the Phils all the way, but Arizona is sneaky good and a fun team to watch as well. Really I'd be okay with anybody but Houston at this point. Rangers better come through in the Battle of Texas.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
8 innings 11 k’s jammed right up their ass in response lol

Fun fact that you'll appreciate:

Game 5 of the 2007 ALCS took place on October 18, 2007, the same night that the infamous Lorne Armstrong walked into the sting house in Kentucky wearing a Red Sox hat and met Chris Hansen, who asked him if he was a Boston fan when he saw the hat.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

According to multiple sources, the Red Sox have been been met with a number of rejections by some targeted candidates as they seek to find a replacement to replace Chaim Bloom, fired in September. Some of those prospective hires have been put off by the level of turnover that’s taken place in the Baseball Operations department over the last dozen years or so.
And increasingly, sources add, there’s concern about the surrounding infrastructure. The new hire will not only be inheriting manager Alex Cora, whose job has been guaranteed by ownership for at least 2024, but also, a front office that includes several executives who’ve been part of the organization for more than two decades, along with various other department heads who come with the job.

So a guy whose claim to fame is spending years working for an owner notorious for not spending money on the team, making the playoffs once in 13 years in charge, and for trading Stanton, Yelich, and Realmuto.

Be careful what you wish for...

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Philadelpha sports fans deserve nothing. Hopefully the Diamondbacks win in 4.
Maybe so but seeing their park on a gamenight is incredible. They might be neanderthals but they care. And it's a fun watch. Ya know, sorta like when the Red Sox were good at baseball.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't see any way some lapdog assistant GM somewhere is gonna turn down the Red Sox job if the money is right. Are they going cheap on the hire? Or are they being turned down by big time well established guys? Swing for the fences at least. These dork candidates are intimidated by taking over a good farm system and having money to spend? Intimated by having to improve on back to back last place, losing seasons? Give me a break.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I know I’m probably in a small minority here, but this years playoffs have me excited for the Sox next year.

I’m certainly never going to defend ownership, all I‘ll say about them is that they are not stupid people and I can’t imagine they didn’t get the message when there were 13,000 people at a home game vs. NYY in September.

Ownership aside. Whoever comes in as GM is going to want to put a quality team on the field. Of course if you asked 1,000 people how to do that, you’d get 1,500answers, but with that being said, next years team is going to be very different.

As we’ve seen this month….just make the playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad