Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Athletic's Chad Jennings reports that in addition to former Rangers President Jon Daniels, Phillies GM Sam Fuld, Dodgers GM Brandon Gomes, and Twins President Derek Falvey have all declined interviews with the Red Sox.

Minnesota GM Thad Levine apparently interviewed today. Former Astros President James Click is still believed to be in the running as well. The team's interest in Kim Ng was described as "unclear".

And then there's this from Rob Bradford:

Neal Huntington? Fire Sam Kennedy.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The fact that all of these guys have declined is embarrassing to the Red Sox. We've fallen so quickly.
I'm still skeptical that basically all of baseball has their feelings hurt over Chaim Bloom being fired so "quickly". Jeff Passan was distraught. It's just very difficult to believe all these are scared of taking over an organization with a good farm system and money to spend. But I don't have any sources so I will at least grant that some of these candidates are turned off by the structure of the Red Sox organization. Does John Henry at least follow what is being reported? Tom Werner? I'd be calling Sam Kennedy over to Liverpool for a face to face meeting just so I could ask him what exactly he does for the Boston Red Sox. Talk about a guy who gets ZERO criticism. It's him. Cora has detractors, ownership has them but how about the guy that allegedly runs the baseball team.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The fact that all of these guys have declined is embarrassing to the Red Sox. We've fallen so quickly.

Eh.

Who was Theo Epstein before he was given a shot?

Maybe the guys who didn’t want to be here wouldn’t have been successful anyway.

IMO, there is no way, after what we’ve seen over the past couple of years that ownership doesn’t change their tact.

They aren’t perfect by any measure, but the Sox will still spend. Just need someone else to evaluate talent.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Had a HOF executive, downgraded massively to Chaim Bloom and now "nobody" wants the job. Under proper ownership of a big market club Dombrowski should still be here. Blown out the door during a winning season after a record setting WS title and given no chance to regroup. All because the owner wanted to penny pinch.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Gonna be a lot of fun when Houston reels off four straight
LOL. I was just talking to my brother about that and its very possible. Texas has pretty much had everything fall their way over their first 7 games....and regression to the mean is definitely a concern.

My bro is still so emotionally scarred from losing Game 6 in the 2011 World Series, that he refuses to allow himself any optimism at all.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad