Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Breslow has got to love the Pats' tire fire, to say nothing of the other teams in town being big deals already. He gets to come in as under the radar as possible.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Can you be called a nerd if you made a living as a professional athlete?
It's rare but yes. Breslow has pulled it off. But with that said I do like the idea of a hybrid. A nerd who actually played in the big leagues and competed at a high level in a market like Boston. I do think there is value in that. So while I think it's fun to mock yesterday's press conference a bit because he came across as the ultimate nerd in the end that won't matter if he goes out and does a good job. Let's go.

Reactions: sarge88 and DKH

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think Breslow will do well. Go out and show us. Spend. And spend well. Yamamoto is the #1 target. Try to pry Shohei too. Swing big.
That’s the problem, they spend on the wrong guys. Merchandise is a factor a lot of the times. Most Sox fans have been right on their signings in the past. Werner at the the conference is a joke. He literally the problem with them.

Reactions: Mione134

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I listened to more of the press conference and my opinion has only softened slightly. Breslow better not present like this to his peers or he will quickly earn a rep as too much trouble to engage. Do I think, he has the wherewithal to stop the corporate speak and the Jargon? Yes, but I am not entirely sure. That scares me. As Gasper pointed out on "Felger and Mazz" today, this sure seems like Bloom 2.0 or maybe just Bloom redux.

He evaded the question when asked if he would spend, he stayed in lockstep with analytics to the exclusion of all else, and sounded very tone deaf while doing it. It all seems very familiar.....and that ain't good.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I listened to more of the press conference and my opinion has only softened slightly. Breslow better not present like this to his peers or he will quickly earn a rep as too much trouble to engage. Do I think, he has the wherewithal to stop the corporate speak and the Jargon? Yes, but I am not entirely sure. That scares me. As Gasper pointed out on "Felger and Mazz" today, this sure seems like Bloom 2.0 or maybe just Bloom redux.

He evaded the question when asked if he would spend, he stayed in lockstep with analytics to the exclusion of all else, and sounded very tone deaf while doing it. It all seems very familiar.....and that ain't good.

hence why many GMs passed

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
IMG_2197.jpeg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I absolutely take him back. He had a tremendous year in Detroit on a bad Tiger team last year. After his issues in 2022 where he took the leave of absence and got his personal shit and mental health together, he was actually a great pitcher there. I have the impression that he liked playing under Alex and would want to come home, but that's all speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad