Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i went to a saturday night game this year when the sox were in town and the place was like 60% full

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Seidler went all in on the team this year and it totally blew up in his face.

Should put things in perspective when people argue that Henry should be spending more money on the Sox because he's rich and can afford it. Cohen and Seidler both took a bath this year. At least the Mets were able to sell off their higher prices assets at the deadline for good prospects, the Padres doubled down and got nothing to show for it, and Seidler's probably going to lose the team if they don't have an incredible year next year.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Seidler's probably going to lose the team if they don't have an incredible year next year.
...and they've basically told fans that they need to cut payroll by roughly $50 million. They'll probably have to trade Soto, and there's little chance they can bring back Snell or Wacha.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
...and they've basically told fans that they need to cut payroll by roughly $50 million. They'll probably have to trade Soto, and there's little chance they can bring back Snell or Wacha.
It's really amazing. And if he goes insolvent and has to sell, given the contracts the team is on the hook for he's going to probably take a big hit in the sale price.

Steve Cohen came in and tried to blow up the baseball world and was willing to throw his personal fortune away to get a World Series, but hell, he's a hedge fund guy and he knew how to hedge at least. Seidler saw what he was doing, thought he could do it just as well, got greedy and it blew up in his face. Can't say I feel bad for a greedy billionaire getting f***ed over by his own hubris.

In the end a good owner is in between the extremes of nickel-and-diming homegrown superstars and going crazy on the free agent market. People complain about Henry for letting Betts and Bogaerts go over a couple million when he's a billionaire, but I'm glad we're not in the situation San Diego is in right now where they're going to have to massively cut down and rebuild over the financial cliff they drove over.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I am over the moon right now. Just finished talking to my brother and we both choked up….I love this game.
Cherry on top….

1698895445696.jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I want to know what Chaim Bloom is thinking watching them trip over themselves in praise of Eovaldi as he watches the game from his mom's basement in New Haven.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
eovaldi lights out who could’ve seen that coming
I wouldn’t say he was lights out. He didn’t have his best stuff tonight, by far, and he had to work his way out of a number of jams. But he battled and grinded, and did enough to keep them in it. Gutty performance.

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Chiam Bloom/ownership decision to not sign Eovoldi helped make this happen

Rangers just squeaked in with Eovoldi having a very good season

Phillies would have given them a go - mirror images of each other

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Quick question……Who was the most valuable player in the AL this year? Seager or Ohtani?

I know it’ll be Ohtani. He’s the modern day Babe Ruth. But goddamn, Seager was phenomenal and after this post season performance, I think you have to at least give him some consideration. That HR in Game 1 changed the trajectory of this whole series…

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Chiam Bloom/ownership decision to not sign Eovoldi helped make this happen

Rangers just squeaked in with Eovoldi having a very good season

Phillies would have given them a go - mirror images of each other

Happy for Eovaldi.

seems like a good guy.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Things have worked out well for the Rangers. Didn‘t see it coming the way they ended their regular season and stumbled into the ps (losing first place at the last moment).

They had an extremely difficult ps-path. In Tampa, then Baltimore and then Houston. They won all road games.

Kind of happy for them. They should have already won their WS in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad