Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Dear Houston,

See you tomorrow…..

Texas took a 2 run lead into the 9th inning of game 5, then their closer comes in, puts the 8 and 9 hitters on base, and gives up a 3 run homer to f***ing Altuve.

So predictable and so annoying
They’ve done it all season. They’ve blown more saves than they’ve saved. It’s freakish that they are 1 game away from a WS appearance,,,,

Reactions: sarge88

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Dusty Baker botching Game 7….
Asleep at the wheel.

My takeaways from this series:

1. This is Adolis Garcia's world and we're living in it
2. If there was any lingering doubt, Bruce Bochy is firmly a shoe-in Hall of Famer (I'd say first ballot but the Veteran's Committee does managers and only whenever they feel like it. But he's 100% in with his third franchise he's taken to the Fall Classic).
3. Nathan Eovaldi is going to start game 1 of the World Series and Chaim Bloom should feel bad

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Meaningless run in a blowout but Altuve just absolutely MURDERED a pitch

That dude did absolutely everything this series. If not for Adolis Garcia I'd consider him for ALCS MVP even in a losing cause.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I want to see them play the Phillies. More exciting.
Arizona does have an exciting lineup, but aesthetically I also want Philly to win because their ballpark is much prettier and their crowd is 1000% better than Arizona's. A World Series in two crypt-looking retractable roof stadiums would not be beautiful.

Reactions: Mione134

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 9.57.59 AM.png

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
A lot of people speak very highly of Craig Breslow.

That said, it's a big jump to go from the #3 chair to the #1 chair. I'd imagine the Sox would want to bring in an experienced executive for the GM role if Breslow is their guy.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I have no issues with us hiring Breslow, think he would be a great fit.
He graduated from Yale, degree in biochemistry and molecular biophysics....is extremely intelligent.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
they should've kept dombrowski, he would've delivered us a bryce harper mookie betts mike trout outfield probably. harper would've carried the other two in the playoffs.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Id prefer a GM with experience and can manage a big market team including signing big names. Breslow is unproven, and their is lots of pressure in Boston. Seems risky

Reactions: Johnnyduke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad