Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I don't think so. I just don't think John Henry and Tom Werner would care about front office minions like Eddie Romero and whoever else. That's just a guess of course though. But I suppose it's ownership that has a thing for Cora. Even that's unclear. I have no idea if Sam Kennedy has the power to pull the plug on Cora or not. I would hope that ownership would allow Kennedy to do that if he wanted to but this is all a mystery. Very typical of the Red Sox.
You might not think the owners would care about "front office minions", but keep in mind that a lot of those minions that seemingly can't be fired have been in place for a long, long time. They predate Bloom, they predate Dombrowski, they predate Kennedy, and a lot of them have been executives with the team since Theo Epstein was in charge.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Thank god Ng declined. The Marlins post-season berth was purely based on luck, she turned a top 5 farm into a bottom 5 without making the team a true contender.

I really haven‘t seen many impressive names come up. Just go with Romero.
Sure, she's a pretty bad administrator but she'd be HISTORIC and STUNNING and BRAVE as a major market GM

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I thought earlier reporting suggested that Breslow would be considered a GM under a CBO. I first read this as Levine would be CBO and they would force Breslow on him as GM. But a second look and this probably means both are being considered for CBO. But then Heyman throws in the (s) and I am back to thinking they would hire Levine as CBO and force Breslow on him as GM.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Texas took a 2 run lead into the 9th inning of game 5, then their closer comes in, puts the 8 and 9 hitters on base, and gives up a 3 run homer to f***ing Altuve.

So predictable and so annoying

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Texas blew it.

Semien should have bunted.

Terrible decision not to tag up from 2nd.

Just bad baseball.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Texas took a 2 run lead into the 9th inning of game 5, then their closer comes in, puts the 8 and 9 hitters on base, and gives up a 3 run homer to f***ing Altuve.

So predictable and so annoying
Just curious but do people still cry about sign stealing with the Astros? All they do is win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad